|This page is for discussing problems with the main page and site layout. General questions regarding the project should be posted at the Community Portal instead. And of course, please read the help section before posting to either.|
Please fix the Russian songs' lyrics Edit
Please fix what happens with the Russian songs' lyrics' redirection. For example http://lyrics.wikia.com/%D0%AD%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%8F_%28Epidemia%29:%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B7%D0%B2%D1%91%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%87%D1%8C does not work, but http://lyrics.wikia.com/%D0%AD%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%8F_%28Epidemia%29:%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B7%D0%B2%D1%91%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%9D%D0%BE%D1%87%D1%8C yes.
It's awful, because the manner in those titles is to keep only the first letter capital. And the English titles are redirected no matter of the capital letters. Note that an n-word title would have to have 2^(n-1) alternative titles to be fully covered. With n=6 it becomes 32 (sic!) --Marmistrz (talk) 20:21, May 15, 2014 (CEST)
- Redirects for all the different capital letters aren't made, if that's what you are thinking! They are usually only made if the page was named badly to start with, I think. There's no redirect at 'Эпидемия (Epidemia):Беззвёздная ночь', because the correct capitalised page at 'Эпидемия (Epidemia):Беззвёздная Ночь' already exists. But if you think it is useful, you can make a redirect. -OneTwoThreeFall (talk) 18:47, May 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, not all redirects need to be created explicitly: e.g. http://lyrics.wikia.com/Pink_Floyd:Wish_you_were_here leads to the correct page, even though no redirect exists at Pink Floyd:Wish you were here. Unfortunately, the piece of magic that takes care of this doesn't seem to work for non-Latin characters, and since this problem has been known for years, I doubt it'll ever get fixed… — 6×9 (Talk) 14:10, May 17, 2014 (UTC)
Proposal: uniformize quotation marks Edit
I have just noticed that some lyrics use different quotation mark glyphs and apostrophes. I suggest to have a bot go through the whole wiki and mercilessly replace everything with good old ASCII straight single or double quotes -- also known as "programmer style" or "typewriter style". -- LYRIC-Stormwatch (talk) 11:29, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm all for plain quotes. Unfortunately it wouldn't be done with running the bot once; I guess some people use a text editor which auto-replaces them with fancy quotes, so you'd either have to run the bot across all song pages regularly, or check all page creations and edits since the last run… First one is probably more realistic, since easier to limit to song pages only, and it's enough to run it twice a year or so…
- I'm currently running a bot across all LyricFind pages, but once that is through (which will take a while, mind you!) I'll see what I can do. — 6×9 (Talk) 07:42, July 3, 2014 (UTC)
More problems with the Russian lyrics. Edit
But http://lyrics.wikia.com/Эпидемия:Феникс is NOT redirected to http://lyrics.wikia.com/Эпидемия_(Epidemia):Феникс
- Yeah, it and the title of this page (i.e., the page this is the talk page of) say "LyricWikia" for some reason, but this site is Lyrics.Wikia.com. D'oh. SMcCandlish (talk) 07:24, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
Systematic redirect Edit
Is it possible to make such a redirect that all pages named A_(B):C are redirected to A:C (where A, B, C are some fixed strings)?
Proposal: deVEVOfication Edit
Song Of The Day... Edit
There has not been any activity regarding the Song Of The Day thing for over two weeks... and it seems that all the members are just not interested in it anymore. What should be done about? Should it be removed or just keep it? Bryd0 (talk) 19:03, February 18, 2015 (UTC)
Hello as an admin i think you should consider allowing people to contribute there own Lyrics
- I know, but the thing has been really inactive for so long, unless I can contribute with something meaningful to keep it alive. Not to be rude or anything but, are you sure you're one of the admins? You don't seem like one, especially when you forgot to sign your comment and only did two contributions yourself. Just saying, Dao67. Bryd0 (talk) 03:59, February 22, 2015 (UTC)
Hello guys. I'm newbie of this Lyricwikia. I'm looking for a song. My friend sang that song, but its melody and lyrics were not correct. But I can remember its beginning part. There are loud and low drum beat, and a female singer starts the song. Her voice is similar with Mariah Carey.. or Beyoncé. Guys, is there a something similar with this description? Please. I'm urgent.