September 30, 2013: I Hope You Suffer by AFI
- Nominated by Salzion.
- From the first time I heard this song, I really enjoyed hearing the progression of AFI with their music and lyrics throughout.
September 29, 2013: Shepherd Of Fire by Avenged Sevenfold
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- The song that kicks off the amazing new album from Avenged Sevenfold, Hail to the King. There are really no words to describe how great a song Shepherd Of Fire is. From start to finish, it proves that even though they have shifted to a different sound in their genre, Avenged Sevenfold is still able to utterly amaze their audience.
September 28, 2013: I Want To Tell You by The Beatles
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because this is one of George Harrison's best songs, plus the addition of the fade-in, the rare E7♭9 chord in each verse, and Paul's use of melisma in the fade-out.
September 24, 2013: From The North by Runrig
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- A song that aptly demonstrates Runrig's mastery of genre-blending abilities. Though the song starts off slow, it's not long before it evolves into an epic merging of Celt-folk, dance and rock. Combined with Bruce Guthro's vocals and the beautifully crafted lyrics, this is an absolutely brilliant number.
September 23, 2013: Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus
- Nominated by Ducksplash.
- Such an amazing and heartfelt song. This song truly captures breakup and the pain and sadness that goes with it. Besides capturing breakup this song captures love in general, with lines like, "Don't you ever say I just walked away, I will always want you" and "I never meant to start a war, I just wanted you to let me in," this song truly tells about true love. It shows that throughout nasty breakups, if it's true love you will still love that person, no matter how angry you get at each other. I recommend this song to everyone and I think everyone should hear it.
- Nominated by The loveable tat, THE_GMoD. :3.
- The first single off of Device's debut album shows the bands potential, mixing Industrial-styled tinges with a heavy progression and some melodic yet nicely paced lyrics. And with such a new band that has some already established faces taking the reigns, like David Draiman of Disturbed and Geno Leonardo of Filter, its kind of hard to imagine this offering being poor.
September 21, 2013: Stitch By Stitch by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song as I only just found it today, and it could not have been more true to how I feel today after a bad night out.
September 16, 2013: Monster by Steppenwolf
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I believe this song - more than any other - conveys the truth of this American story.
September 15, 2013: Blackbird by Alter Bridge
- Nominated by JustAnotherDanny.
- The lyrics are so profound, and the melody just adds everything that this song needs to touch one's soul.
September 12, 2013: Waiting Around To Die by Townes Van Zandt
- Nominated by Parsprototo.
- A very touching song by one of the best songwriters of all time telling the life-story of an unfortunate soul. The depressing events described in the song are accompanied by alcohol, gambling, drugs and running away because it's easier than to wait around to die. There are 3 versions by van Zandt of the song, all giving it a unique special tune and feeling.
September 11, 2013: 11 Settembre '73 by Talco
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It commemorates a tragic event that happened today 40 years ago, which we must never forget!
Preferred Date: September 11, 2013 (40th anniversary)
September 10, 2013: Naked Flame by Roy Harper
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It exemplifies the view that Harper is more than a musician, but a poet who uses music as a vehicle for his thoughts, expressed in poetic form.
September 09, 2013: Somebody Laid It On Us by George Duke
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- The truth of the lyric along witht the awesome melodic flow combine to make the best music experience while driving home the truth of the message!!!
September 02, 2013: La Prima Estate by Erlend Øye
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Summer is almost over, but the warmth of memories stays - thanks to this song.
September 01, 2013: 逝ける王女の肖像画 by Ali Project
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This, in my opinion, is one of ALI PROJECT's best. It skillfully combines classical with light hip hop to create a dark and foreboding song. That, coupled with Arika's haunting vocals, gives the feeling that the singer is mourning or she feels upset about something irreversible that may effect many lives. The outcome is this glorious song that skillfully uses synths and orchestras to give birth to a tune that you won't hear in most music. The song's lyrics tell the tale of a young child's life, so that also adds to the song's innocence that later turns into sadness.
I will always have appreciation for ALI PROJECT and the many details and sounds they put into their music. This song is a shining example of an experiment taken to the next level. That is the reason why I nominate Ikeru Oujo no Shouzouga as Song of the Day for September 1st 2013 (and is also the reason why I made it the official theme for my story, The Dragonboys). Listen to the song on Xiami.com: http://www.xiami.com/album/520456
It is the seventh track.
Preferred Date: September 1, 2013 (This year marks ALI PROJECT's tenth anniversary.)