October 31, 2017: Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell
- Nominated by Hornean.
- The song about a man either being afraid of being watched or being paranoid is perfect for Halloween. It gave me the creeps just a little bit.
Preferred Date: October 31, 2017 (Halloween)
October 30, 2017: Say To You by STRFKR
- Nominated by User000name.
- I nominated this song because it has some really good lyrics: "Sleep, set me free; In a dream; I am born; apathetic, finally"
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I just came across this artist/song today and I have honestly lost count on how many times I've watched the (live on KEXP) video. I definitely recommend the live version.
This song and artist are amazing! It was even better after I looked up the lyrics. It's pretty rare for me to love a song so much the very first time I hear it. I'm so glad I came across this song Dreamers, it completely satisfied my need for something new and unique. The first thing that came to mind was... this is hauntingly beautiful!
October 28, 2017: I'm A Fire by Donna Summer
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- The groove is uber-thick with funk. Between the heavy bass guitar and the pulsating bass drum, you have no choice but move to the beat...any way you can! The "Solitaire Club Mix" is even better!!
October 27, 2017: Star Sky by Two Steps From Hell
- Nominated by Dusundavarfreohr.
- This is one of the few Two Steps From Hell songs that has actual lyrics, and the lyrics are powerful enough to move me to tears right from the get-go.
October 26, 2017: Love Runs Out by OneRepublic
- Nominated by HotShooterYelda.
- The reason I nominated this song was because I love it this song. It's got a tribal, mysterious, anthem-like feel to it.
October 25, 2017: Denak Ez Du Balio by Berri Txarrak
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's awesome to hear Rise Against singing in my little country's language. Support Basque Country and all little-but-big countries voting it!
October 24, 2017: It's Me Again Jah by Luciano
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It has re-energized me. I have felt like speaking directly to Jah the most high.
October 23, 2017: Clap for the Wolfman by The Guess Who
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- I've only just recently discovered this little ditty from the post-Randy Bachman Guess Who, but I enjoy it immensely. At first, I couldn't figure out why "Wolfman" was capitalized, until I realized the song is likely an ode to DJ Wolfman Jack. It may not be as recognizable as "American Woman", but it was still a big hit for the group, and just as fun to sing along with.
October 22, 2017: Greed by Assemblage 23
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is a great representation of the greed in which people pursue in their lives. I love the lyrics and the beat. A great electronic song.
October 21, 2017: Oh Happy Day by Ryan Toby
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because you can't help but feel uplifted when he hits that high note at "when Jesus washed..."
October 20, 2017: Charlie Brown's Parents by Dishwalla
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Because this is an awesome song that was overshadowed at its release because Counting Blue Cars was still everywhere (great song in its own right), but the power of the lyrics and the driving bass in Charlie Brown's Parents drive home in a supremely open and in-your-face way the tremendous "fuck you" to the hypocrites, haters and frauds. Highly apropos in this climate, don't you think?
October 19, 2017: Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song was nominated because reality is always Right Here, Right Now and today, being Friday, is an excellent day to remember this and live life with more intensity, just like the song is intense.
October 18, 2017: She Used To Love Me A Lot by Johnny Cash
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song is so much Johnny Cash. Plus it's a rare song, greatly arranged
October 17, 2017: The Lumberjack by Jackyl
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- I'd never heard of Jackyl until a couple of months ago, but their biggest hit has stuck with me ever since. Clearly influenced by AC/DC, both in the music itself and the Brian Johnson-like vocals of Jesse James Dupree, it's got to be the only rock song I know of with a chainsaw solo; I've heard of hand saws being used as musical instruments, but a chainsaw is a new one.
October 16, 2017: The Wind Is Getting Stronger by Rory McLeod
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because how many songs are a passionate celebration of a grandmother? How many songs give so many details that let you enter into a hard but defiantly rich and meaningful life? How many songs transform the rhythms and musical traditions of a time and place and culture that is far away for most and bring it so alive in such a new and original way? Plus Rory McLeod is an awesome musician who does all his own playing and - like his grandmother does with her life - grasping at whatever his sometimes isolated surroundings offer and creating new ways to add urgency and transcendence to his music.
October 15, 2017: The Happiest Girl In The Whole U.S.A. by Donna Fargo
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- A great song by a great singer!! Donna is one of the few female singers that wrote her own songs. She is also the first female singer in country music to have back to back million selling singles.
October 14, 2017: Hello Stranger by Emmylou Harris
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because of the very entertaining and angelic vocals by Emmylou Harris.
October 13, 2017: Lay My Burden Down by Alison Krauss & Union Station
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because it is moving and beautiful. Alison Krauss and Union Station do a magnificent job of it. It would be a wonderful memorial for someone close who has passed.
October 12, 2017: Against The Wind by Bob Seger
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It hit that spot... You know the one, that song that comes on that you really needed to hear.
- Nominated by 2601:642:C101:2BAE:2C8B:ABC0:B222:BB00.
- I nominated The Wolf by Siamés because it makes me feel good and on a bad day and to listen to this song, well it brightens my day.
Preferred Date: October 11, 2017
October 10, 2017: De La Rey by Bok Van Blerk
- Nominated by AgProv.
- It's one hell of an ear worm. Even though it's been somewhat hijacked by some white South Africans evidently pining for the Good Old Days... well, you understand Afrikaaners better after getting into stuff like this. It's also the sort of thing that bypasses the brain, reaches down into the gut and makes you bloody well pay attention. Spread the word.
Preferred Date: October 10, 2017 (A date of some significance in South Africa, I believe.)
October 09, 2017: We Liken The Sun by Guided By Voices
- Nominated by BuffaloBillsFan.
- This song is my favorite song from Guided By Voices' most recent album, August By Cake.
October 08, 2017: Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 by Pink Floyd
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It is just one heck of a song. It was also a song about less harsh punishments of schools in the United Kingdom, particularly the boarding school system.
October 07, 2017: Radio Wall Of Sound by Slade
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it's a great song about having music, or your own radio, playing in your head.
Preferred Date: October 7, 2017 (26 years since this record was released.)
October 06, 2017: A Heart That Will Never Break Again by Ginny Hawker
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- If you have a family that you love, you have feelings they feel the same way, we are getting older and the lyrics in the song clearly tells the story.
October 05, 2017: Come And See by Bob Bennett
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Nominating because it's on my mind today as we enjoy the beach on a summer-like spring day. It's such a sweet-sounding song, yet the words are very potent (bringing the listener back, if possible, to when Christ walked the earth with us.
October 04, 2017: Escándalo Social by Lucero & Joan Sebastian
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's a touching song and has more passion and love when you listen to it
October 03, 2017: Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler
- Nominated by Hornean.
- I should've nominated it for the day of The Great American Eclipse (August 21, 2017), but if I had only known about this song I would've had the chance. I'll decide to nominate it about what happened on that day.
October 02, 2017: In A Dis Ya Time / Harbour View Rock by The Itals
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song, because at this time we've just come out of election here in Kenya and some youths clashed in Kisumu County today on 23rd of August 2017.
October 01, 2017: Total Eclipse by Klaus Nomi
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Total Eclipse ! It's a total eclipse so what could possibly be more appropriate for today (August 21, 2017) than the late, great & amazing Klaus Noms !