March 31, 2017: 99 Luftballons by Nena
- Nominated by Abbacadabra.
- Released in 1983, this song quickly became very popular not only in the band's native West Germany, but outside Europe as well, reaching #1 on the Cashbox charts, and kept at #2 on the Billboard charts by Van Halen's smash hit Jump. At the time, this was the highest-charting non-English language single in Billboard history.
March 30, 2017: When I Still Needed You by Afro Celt Sound System
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It tells of the plight of many us from Africa who are torn apart for many reasons: war, culture, religion, etc. It is a soul song
March 29, 2017: Love by Chaos Chaos
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I have never heard a more perfect song. It's a pyramid with these 2. A perfect structure and the closer to the top, the higher up you are, the sharper point starts to appear. All of their songs can be nominated, this song just touched me more than others.
March 28, 2017: Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) (Long Version) by Peter Sarstedt
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Powerful song, for me. Evokes so many memories of long ago and far away. Thank you for providing the full version - containing the two verses which were omitted from the more frequently-played one. Peter Sarstedt R.I.P.
March 27, 2017: "Heroes" by David Bowie
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's beautiful. It's my birthday today and last year David Bowie died. I miss him. My daughter's in hospital and I'm expecting a baby. The acoustics on this song are outstanding and DB looks his best here. God rest his soul. He really kept me safe in my youth.
March 26, 2017: Sheer Heart Attack by Queen
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- So powerful and it is Queen on punk! Feels so different than Queen feels like Sex Pistols or even The Ramones... This song is so awesome and it should have been released on sheer heart attack album but it wasn't finished at the time so it has been forwarded to the News of the world.
March 25, 2017: Burning Bridges by Lalo Schifrin
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is one of the greatest songs ever written. It still holds up 45 years later and it was done for one of the greatest movies ever
March 24, 2017: I Will Run by Misty Edwards
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominate this song because it moves me and the innermost part of my being. I keep my eyes on Him and not myself....this is where the power is. His strength is unlimited whereas mine is so limited. He is Worthy.
March 23, 2017: It's A Sad World by Bloodrock
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- The way things are going down all over the world and a young man or woman growing up in these difficult times, including in the United States of America!
March 22, 2017: Drive It Like You Stole It by Sing Street
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Because they are freaking great lyrics to get a new year rolling... This should be everyone's number one priority for 2017
March 21, 2017: Take It Off by Kiss
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This is the best song in the galaxy. There is no other song like it. Very unique. Everything is in harmony. Kiss really tears it up with this song. Paul Stanley deserves the recognition.
March 20, 2017: Sweet Hand Of Mercy by Rebecca Pidgeon
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Because it's a cool song, amongst her best from what I've gathered.
March 19, 2017: Subo... Subo... by Facundo Saravia
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Its haunting melody and lyrics...very apt at the end of the film, "Calvary"...
March 18, 2017: This Will Remain Unspoken by The Pineapple Thief
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Beneath the hype and hypocrisy of Christmas will be a more sombre message
March 17, 2017: Rí Na Cruinne by Clannad
- Nominated by Hornean.
- When I first heard this song on an episode of "Baywatch", I didn't have a clue of what it is. When I did some research, I found the exact tune of it. I also discovered that the band is Irish. I like this song because I am of Irish descent.
Preferred Date: March 17, 2017 (St. Patrick's Day)
March 16, 2017: Fraternizer's Hymn (I'm Dreaming Of Home) by Philippe Rombi
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- For 1914. For the men on all sides who proved peace and love can endure against the worst of circumstances. God bless their memory
March 15, 2017: Together For One Last Dance by Junior Senior
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I love it, very catchy and retro. Jesper is adorable
March 14, 2017: Heaven Or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's heavenly. Ethereal. Takes you higher than anything else.
March 13, 2017: Shepherd Me O God by Marty Haugen
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Stumbled on this song, and I love it! I had a chance to see Marty Haugen perform in person a few years ago, and he is amazing.
March 12, 2017: One Final Day (Sworn To Believe) by Sanctuary
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because of its great intro segment, and powerful lyrics
March 11, 2017: Thunder & Lightning by Major Lazer
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This is my new favorite album! I can listen to it at least once a day for 2 weeks running without tiring. I listened to this song for 3hrs on repeat trying to fix all the lyrics. It is inspiring and can paint vivid pictures in your imagination with very few actual lyrics. The Lord is coming again and Babylon will be thrown down! Are you ready? I'm Basshall pumped! Ask Jesus for forgiveness and prepare for the ride of your life! Happy Sabbath, Shabbat Shalom brothers and sisters.
Preferred Date: March 11, 2017 ("saturday". Shabbat Shalom)
March 10, 2017: Lake Michigan by Rogue Wave
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because it is criminally underrated. It has a beautiful use of sound, which whisks the listener away to the confusing world of Lake Michigan. The song has a beautiful message about not assuming the state of something, which listeners can relate to if they've ever been asked by someone (repeatedly) "Are you Ok? You sure? Promise?" when you are actually fine.
March 09, 2017: Goin' Back To Hogwarts by Team StarKid
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It's amazing and I love it and everybody should hear it and love it and know it's amazing too. Everybody should know this is the best song in the entire world and they should also know adopt Darren Criss and Joey Richtor and know that not only were they in this together but they were also on Glee and I think it's pretty amazing
March 08, 2017: Christmas Is Coming by John Denver & The Muppets
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- My nephew, Romeo,(7) in 1st grade is doing a Christmas presentation in front of his class and he pick our family's favorite Christmas album, John Denver and the Muppets.
March 07, 2017: Phone Booth by Garnet Rogers
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- He has written and recorded so many beautiful, heart-wrenching songs. In my humble opinion this is one of Garner Rogers' best.
March 06, 2017: Vir Jou by Coenie De Villiers
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is the Most beautiful Afrikaans love song - unpretentious and honest.
March 05, 2017: Real Hope by Colin Buchanan
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because Colin expresses the real hope that only Jesus Christ can give us, because he was real man and real God, God with skin on. Thanks Colin, thank you God.
March 04, 2017: Bad Boys by Inner Circle
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Though instantly recognizable to most people as the theme song to the show Cops, I think it stands up well on its own merit. Bob Marley & The Wailers is kind of the be-all, end-all of reggae, but Inner Circle's blend of reggae, rock, and pop makes for a fun three and a half minutes. It's a shame this may be the only thing for which they're remembered.
March 03, 2017: Act Of Contrition by Perry Como
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Singing it aloud or even in one's mind while turning out the lights, it provides a perfect end to the day. When followed by "Good Night Sweet Jesus", the mind and spirit are elevated yet quieted from the noise of the world.
March 02, 2017: Country Boy by Aaron Lewis
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I just saw him perform this on the Smoky Mountains Rise Telethon, just Aaron Lewis with his acoustic guitar. It was an amazing performance, and it made me proud to be an American, and proud to be a country girl.
March 01, 2017: As Long As We've Got Each Other (Growing Pains Theme Song) by B.J. Thomas
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Alan Thicke is never going to show us his smile again.