March 31, 2013: I'd Lie by Taylor Swift
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- its awesome and its my bffs birthday and he favorite song
Preferred Date: March 30, 2013 (Birthday of someone)
March 30, 2013: Same Love by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Nominated by Atypicaloracle.
- Macklemore is an anomaly in hiphop, and one we should be proud of.
No, not because he's a white rapper. But because he had a hit with a song rejecting the conspicuous-consumption-driven nonsense that makes up the vast majority of mainstream hiphop, because he wrote a song questioning if it was even okay for a white rapper to step up to the mic, and acknowledging that rap comes from a background that he does not share.
And most of all, because a straight rapper produced a track condemning the causual homophobia which plagues society, and pushing for acceptance for everyone.
March 29, 2013: Crawl Through Knives by In Flames
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- instant classic that reaches through into your emotion and pulls the power from your veins and makes you feel as though the sky really is in your hands
March 28, 2013: The Ugly Dance by Fulkultur
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song represents a realistic phenomena within our society that most people can relate to: It's hard to live up to the social standard of "cool".
March 27, 2013: If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It's a beautiful song and it deserves to be song of the day.
OneRepublic is my favoritve band i'd love it to have a OneRepublic song as song of the day
Preferred Date: March 26, 2013 (Release-date of the new album "Native")
March 25, 2013: Panic Station by Muse
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Best song of the new album? Catchy beat, I love the trumpets. The chorus is memorable.
March 24, 2013: Nebelauki Manęs by Aistė Smilgevičiūtė Ir Skylė
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This is sentimental poetry. First, we, Lithuanians, sould remember from what we come and how we should cherish our independance which is slopped by blood. Listening this song helps me not to forget that.
March 23, 2013: Sh-Boom by The Chords
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It is amazing. Everything about this song is excellent. One of the best group vocal performances i've ever heard, i'ts impossible to listen without smiling, And the sax solo, once you've heard it you know you've lived.
March 22, 2013: The Music Of The Night by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- One of several Andrew Lloyd Webber songs to become famous outside its parent musical, it's probably the one I've listened to the most. With Webber's majestic score and Charles Hart's quasi-romantic lyrics, there's nothing not to love. Michael Crawford did a good job in the original show, but it's Gerard Butler's version from the film adaptation that I know by heart. Happy birthday to you, Andrew!
Preferred Date: March 22, 2013 (ALW's 65th birthday)
March 21, 2013: Feels Like the End by Shane Alexander
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Undiscovered, great lyrics, great song altogether. He has a great voice.
March 20, 2013: Colour Theory by Renard
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- it's so beautiful…~
a lovely song with such simple lyrics but a capturing image can be made…
March 19, 2013: I Need You by Eddie James
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Extremely touching and very inspirational song! The song brings down down the Devine Presence, healing, delivarance, Salvation and Peace of Yaweh.
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because of its subtle, nuanced beauty. For a band as loud and pronounced as Isis, "Dulcinea" is one of those few tracks that feels reserved, with much more depth than is first heard.
March 17, 2013: World's End Rhapsody by Nujabes
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song by Nujabes truly is great. It might be simple, but it has and effect on a person which is hard to explain with words. It has an ineffability to it.
March 16, 2013: Fuggi, Fuggi, Fuggi by Owain Phyfe
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I love this nostalgic feeling it gives me. I am trying to promote folk music so that others can enjoy music even if they don't understand the lyrics.
March 15, 2013: Literal Assassin's Creed Brotherhood by Tobuscus
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it keeps my boyfriend laughing and laughing whenever I play it on my computer, phone or tablet.
March 14, 2013: The Flame by Cheap Trick
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This song has overtaken "I Want You To Want Me" as my #1 favorite Cheap Trick song because not only it's in the key of "E", but it is also the band's only #1 single in America and it charted in 1988.
March 13, 2013: U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer
- Nominated by LWChris.
- I cannot believe this song hasn't been SOTD yet! It's probably amongst the top recognized songs in the world. Just ask random people if they know the statement U Can't Touch This. The performance is plain awesome, and the message of the song is somewhat true: 2013, and still not touched ;)
March 12, 2013: Wanted by Hunter Hayes
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I really liked a girl and she didn't like me back. I sang this song for her and she was in tears and she became my everything. This is the song. Played when I proposed to her.
March 11, 2013: They Don't Know by Tracey Ullman
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I remember this song from the 80's, but never really paid attention to the lyrics,.this is very well written.
March 10, 2013: Oh What A Circus by Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Sharing its melody with the more famous "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina", I think it's my favorite song from Evita. A cynical assessment of Eva Perón's importance to Argentine history, it's got a little of everything: a pop-ish ballad opening and then transitioning to hard rock for the bridge. Ricky Martin's version in the 2012 Broadway revival isn't terrible, but I love Mandy Patinkin's version on the original Broadway cast recording.
March 09, 2013: Sentry The Defiant by Coheed And Cambria
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because of it's brilliant composition and how much power it holds even just being acoustic.
March 08, 2013: To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- The most beautiful song I've ever heard...it'll give you goosebumps and make your throat feel really sore...in a good way.
March 07, 2013: That's Life by Frank Sinatra
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song is inspiring and uplifting. It reminds me that what went wrong can't be changed and there is no sense in hanging on to the issues.
March 06, 2013: The Kids From Yesterday by My Chemical Romance
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It is a wonderful song about mortality and is the most underrated song of all time
March 05, 2013: Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because I'm sitting on deployment in Afghanistan thinking of someone dear to me, and what I want for when I get home. For us to go away together:)
March 04, 2013: Just Be Friends by Dixie Flatline
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It encourages people to find something new. It's a catchy song with a good beat, but goes unnoticed a lot because of its genre.
March 03, 2013: Whip My Hair by Willow Smith
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because people obviously love to Herp their Derp. :) And while it's true the lyrics aren't very profound, yet this song has the something that made it become a Billboard- and iTunes Top 100 hit.
March 02, 2013: The Hero by Amon Amarth
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This is a song showing that no one is beyond redemption, no matter what deeds they've done in the past.
March 01, 2013: Endless Relentlessness by The Adventures Of Duane And BrandO
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This has to be song of the day. It just describes how Mondays are at work. (Don't ask.)