March 31, 2013: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- its awesome and its my bffs birthday and he favorite song
Preferred Date: March 30, 2013 (Birthday of someone)
March 30, 2013: by
- Nominated by Atypicaloracle.
- Macklemore is an anomaly in hiphop, and one we should be proud of.
No, not because he's a white rapper. But because he had a hit with a song rejecting the conspicuous-consumption-driven nonsense that makes up the vast majority of mainstream hiphop, because he wrote a song questioning if it was even okay for a white rapper to step up to the mic, and acknowledging that rap comes from a background that he does not share.
And most of all, because a straight rapper produced a track condemning the causual homophobia which plagues society, and pushing for acceptance for everyone.
March 29, 2013: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- instant classic that reaches through into your emotion and pulls the power from your veins and makes you feel as though the sky really is in your hands
March 28, 2013: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song represents a realistic phenomena within our society that most people can relate to: It's hard to live up to the social standard of "cool".
March 27, 2013: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's a beautiful song and it deserves to be song of the day.
OneRepublic is my favoritve band i'd love it to have a OneRepublic song as song of the day
Preferred Date: March 26, 2013 (Release-date of the new album "Native")
March 25, 2013: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Best song of the new album? Catchy beat, I love the trumpets. The chorus is memorable.
March 24, 2013: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This is sentimental poetry. First, we, Lithuanians, sould remember from what we come and how we should cherish our independance which is slopped by blood. Listening this song helps me not to forget that.
March 23, 2013: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It is amazing. Everything about this song is excellent. One of the best group vocal performances i've ever heard, i'ts impossible to listen without smiling, And the sax solo, once you've heard it you know you've lived.
March 22, 2013: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- One of several
songs to become famous outside its parent musical, it's probably the one I've listened to the most. With Webber's majestic score and Charles Hart's quasi-romantic lyrics, there's nothing not to love. did a good job in the original show, but it's Gerard Butler's version from the film adaptation that I know by heart. Happy birthday to you, Andrew!
Preferred Date: March 22, 2013 (ALW's 65th birthday)
March 21, 2013: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Undiscovered, great lyrics, great song altogether. He has a great voice.
March 20, 2013: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- it's so beautiful…~
a lovely song with such simple lyrics but a capturing image can be made…
March 19, 2013: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Extremely touching and very inspirational song! The song brings down down the Devine Presence, healing, delivarance, Salvation and Peace of Yaweh.
March 18, 2013: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because of its subtle, nuanced beauty. For a band as loud and pronounced as Isis, "Dulcinea" is one of those few tracks that feels reserved, with much more depth than is first heard.
March 17, 2013: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song by Nujabes truly is great. It might be simple, but it has and effect on a person which is hard to explain with words. It has an ineffability to it.
March 16, 2013: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I love this nostalgic feeling it gives me. I am trying to promote folk music so that others can enjoy music even if they don't understand the lyrics.
March 15, 2013: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because it keeps my boyfriend laughing and laughing whenever I play it on my computer, phone or tablet.
March 14, 2013: by
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This song has overtaken "I Want You To Want Me" as my #1 favorite Cheap Trick song because not only it's in the key of "E", but it is also the band's only #1 single in America and it charted in 1988.
March 13, 2013: by
- Nominated by LWChris.
- I cannot believe this song hasn't been SOTD yet! It's probably amongst the top recognized songs in the world. Just ask random people if they know the statement U Can't Touch This. The performance is plain awesome, and the message of the song is somewhat true: 2013, and still not touched ;)
March 12, 2013: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I really liked a girl and she didn't like me back. I sang this song for her and she was in tears and she became my everything. This is the song. Played when I proposed to her.
March 11, 2013: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I remember this song from the 80's, but never really paid attention to the lyrics,.this is very well written.
March 10, 2013: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Sharing its melody with the more famous "hard rock for the bridge. 's version in the 2012 Broadway revival isn't terrible, but I love 's version on the original Broadway cast recording.
", I think it's my favorite song from . A cynical assessment of Eva Perón's importance to Argentine history, it's got a little of everything: a pop-ish ballad opening and then transitioning to
March 09, 2013: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because of it's brilliant composition and how much power it holds even just being acoustic.
March 08, 2013: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- The most beautiful song I've ever heard...it'll give you goosebumps and make your throat feel really sore...in a good way.
March 07, 2013: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This song is inspiring and uplifting. It reminds me that what went wrong can't be changed and there is no sense in hanging on to the issues.
March 06, 2013: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is a wonderful song about mortality and is the most underrated song of all time
March 05, 2013: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because I'm sitting on deployment in Afghanistan thinking of someone dear to me, and what I want for when I get home. For us to go away together:)
March 04, 2013: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It encourages people to find something new. It's a catchy song with a good beat, but goes unnoticed a lot because of its genre.
March 03, 2013: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because people obviously love to Herp their Derp. :) And while it's true the lyrics aren't very profound, yet this song has the something that made it become a Billboard- and iTunes Top 100 hit.
March 02, 2013: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This is a song showing that no one is beyond redemption, no matter what deeds they've done in the past.
March 01, 2013: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This has to be song of the day. It just describes how Mondays are at work. (Don't ask.)