June 30, 2013: Punk It Up by Infectious Grooves
- Nominated by Darknite47.
- Infectious Grooves is a spin-off group of Suicidal Tendencies. They play a perfect mix of metal, funk, punk and hardcore and this song is a good example. Check out the bass lines and you know why Metallica took in as bass player. He’s just awesome. Enjoy.
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- You and I is such a nice country song about falling in love. There's nothing bad in the lyrics, and she sang it without revision, that's her original voice!
June 28, 2013: I Heard You Had a Voice Like An Angel / Psalm 137 by Shad
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Quality artistry, lyrics challenge mainstream music industry and advocate a return to individuality and talent.
June 27, 2013: Jacquard Causeway by Boards Of Canada
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- Boards of Canada just released their first album in 8 years titled Tomorrow's Harvest, and it's a fantastic album. This is possibly one of my favorites from it. It's centered around this swirling, hypnotic keyboard line that sounds like it came from out of this world, wrapped around a pulsing, repetitive drum beat that sticks in your head. At 6 minutes of awesomeness, this song is really worth checking out.
June 26, 2013: All the Right Places by Zach Heckendorf
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I really, really love this song. At first, I didn't even know who sung it! But I grew to love it, and I attempted to look up the lyrics online, and found that there wasn't one correct set available. So, I then aspired to find out the exact lyrics, and I've listened to the song over and over, watched Zach's lips in the music video very carefully, and listened to a bunch of live acoustic versions to compare differences. I think I finally have the right lyrics, and it'd be cool to see it elected ^^
June 25, 2013: I Am Glad, Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home by Эдуард Хиль
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Eduard Khil died today so I nominate this song in his honor.
June 24, 2013: Houdini by Foster The People
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Because, well, it's really awesome and the lyrics just have so much depth. The song implies "Be yourself." "Let 'em not make you puppets."
"Don't lose your originality because of the peers." The whole generation needs to look up to the song, because, well, they're losing their originality.
June 23, 2013: Turning Point by Nina Simone
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Martin Luther King was killed so many decades ago, and this song still needs to be heard in order that his and Nina Simone's message is still singable.
June 22, 2013: He Ain't the Leavin' Kind by Rascal Flatts
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I was depressed. I thought I would never know happiness again. I decided to abandon everything. Everything. Then, I remember this song. It actually saved my life.
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song was nominated by me due to the stunning vocals by Malukah. This is a wonderous song and even if you haven't played the game that it is a tribute to (Mass Effect 3) you can still enjoy it as a normal song.
June 20, 2013: Crimewave by Crystal Castles
- Nominated by Pie145.
- Crimewave by the now-famous Canadian electronic duo, Crystal Castles, had proven that their songs were more than programmed beats and loops, and were more about emotional and mental disturbance and the twisted settings employed by the duo. Considered as their breakthrough hit, Crimewave was released to much acclaim as a single; critics praising its "monotonous, unknowable tone," and the song's digital vocals that provided a fragile setting for the otherwise sullen song. Overall, Crimewave, by Crystal Castles, had proven and shown the electronic scene their capabilities and experience.
June 19, 2013: Lesson Learned by Ray LaMontagne
- Nominated by Parsprototo.
- A great but rather sad song by Ray LaMontagne, probably about being overly suspicious and jealous.
The very simple and minimalistic minor-chords perfectly accompany his strong voice and add the feeling of a certain clarity to the song. A beautiful ballad worth listening to.
June 18, 2013: God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
- Nominated by homerjfong.
- I nominate this song because amazingly not a single song from the best pop music album ever created has ever been a song of the day. This being the best choice because it's the most beautiful composition Brian Wilson ever wrote and arranged.
June 17, 2013: Wish Them Well by Rush
- Nominated by Keepwiththeclassics!.
- This song is featured on the hit Canadian band Rush's latest album, Clockwork Angels. The album is about a young man who adventures far from home and sees many wonders, as well as many tragedies. This song is very meaningful to me, and I hope these lyrics benefit you as well.
June 16, 2013: Remembrance Day by Demon
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it's about Remembrance Day, 11th November in the UK.
We remember all the soldiers that have died in past wars and the lyrics are very fitting for the occasion.
June 15, 2013: The Creator by 妖精帝國
- Nominated by Hestiahearth89.
- The hard rockish instrumental, with the symphonic backing vocals that you can feel in the heavenly of Gods palace, and with the sweetness of siren's voice from the distant... In between of life and death, the dream that you can't reach it, also believing in the future, Yousei Teikoku tells much about Gods tales that have been forgotten by people.
June 14, 2013: Graceless by The National
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This song is beautiful. It's cryptic yet powerful. I think this song should be nominated because of the shear talent that went into composing it
June 13, 2013: Randy Described Eternity by Built To Spill
- Nominated by Xzwergnasex.
- While not particularly famous, this song is extraordinary both musically and lyrically. The picturesque way it describes eternity simply gives you goosebumps!
June 12, 2013: Requiem by (Sic)monic
- Nominated by Intelfx.
- I'd simply like people to listen to this brilliant calm song (as well as the band itself). They are progressive/experimental metal. However, genres aside, they are just... extremely beautiful. This attributes both to the music itself (of which this song is the apex), very technical and keen singing and the extraordinary lyrics.
June 11, 2013: Hot Soup by Da Vinci's Notebook
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because it is hilarious and completey amazing. It's all about eating hot soup... with your hands (or lack thereof). And, for once in music, it is completely and utterly true.
June 10, 2013: ¡oh Mamá! by La Pandilla
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because I love my mom. She is A M A Z I N G AND W O N D E R F U L.
June 09, 2013: Sailing On A Wing by Mystery
- Nominated by KyoufuNoDaiou.
- An absolutely amazing song to close their album "One Among the Living". The song has great powerful and great calm sections. The lyrics fit great as well. Definitely worth a listen.
June 08, 2013: Simple Song by The Shins
- Nominated by Supportstorm.
- A very catchy song off the new album Port of Morrow from The Shins. The song is uplifting, and the music video is humorous, but James Mercer's voice really puts this song together.
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I've come to know only recently this album, and I like especially this song from it. Gracious was one of the finest experimental English bands in the early seventies.
June 06, 2013: Bless 'em All by George Formby
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- George was a great artist and comedian.
The words to this British comic song are strangely poignant thinking about the sadness of the blokes left behind returning to their billets after saying goodbye to their mates.
June 05, 2013: Knives And Pens by Black Veil Brides
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song, because the band themselves are amazing! When you first see them you will probably think that they are weird but once you get past the looks and actually listen to their music you'll find that they make some really good music and it's all worth listening to.
June 04, 2013: Spoon by Dave Matthews Band
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- A hidden gem, it's a wonder this song never made a place among Dave Matthews Bands' other great hits. It features Alanis Morrisette, another wonderful artist who found fame in the 90's. This song is beautiful, and deserves it's day in the spotlight
June 03, 2013: Jean Baudrillard by Maxïmo Park
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because Jean Baudrillard is one of the most awesome and influential philosophers with his theories on the real and post-structuralism, along with Maximo Park being a really amazing, yet somewhat lesser known in America, band. A song that incorporates both deserves to be given recognition.
June 02, 2013: Never Turn Back by Crush 40
- Nominated by Sonicman667.
- I nominated this because ever since I finished Shadow the Hedgehog, I would always turn on the game just to play this song in the Sound Test. I love this song. It's the best song in the soundtrack next to I Am... All Of Me
June 01, 2013: Still Doll by 分島花音
- Nominated by SnapeFan1.
- I nominated this song because it is a very haunting yet beautiful song, by a great singer :D