July 31, 2017: The Price Of A Mile by Sabaton
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It's a great song about the senseless loss of life that occurred throughout World War 1. Today marks the 100th anniversary of the start of the Battle of Passchendaele, during which more than 450,000 young men died.
Preferred Date: July 31, 2017 (100th anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele)
July 30, 2017: Kaleidoscope by The Script
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because I think more people need to hear it. It has beautiful lyrics and amazing vocals. This is probably one of my favourite songs. Most people haven't heard a single song by this amazingly talented band, but if they would listen to just one, I would want them to listen to this. If this song was song of the day, it would receive recognition for the great song that it is.
July 29, 2017: The Olive Tree by The Seekers
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I have been given a birthday present of an olive tree and it recalled this song which I loved.
July 28, 2017: World Of Blue by Wyke Van Weelden
- Nominated by DesPhagues.
- I nominated this song because it is simply beautiful and positive. It was released as a single for the soundtrack of "Seastars", the WWF 2014 campaign animated video. It seems fitting to listen to it on World Nature Conservation Day.
Preferred Date: July 28, 2017 (World Nature Conservation Day)
July 27, 2017: Beyond The Terra by Chris Hadfield
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I hereby nominate this song because it is awesome and we should recognize our astronauts as the heroes they are.
July 26, 2017: Carry Me In Your Dreams by Kejsi Tola
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- The most underrated song in Eurovision. The singer and the song deserve to be remembered for the 8th year anniversary of the song...
July 25, 2017: You Light Up My Life by Kasey Cisyk
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It celebrates love and hope in a time when we sorely need both.
July 24, 2017: Forever Country by Artists Of Then, Now & Forever
- Nominated by Hsanders1.
- I nominated this song because it shows the influence and what a big part of history music is and can be.
July 23, 2017: Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days Of Summer by Nat King Cole
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It's a fabulous summer song! Brings back great memories.
July 22, 2017: Everybody Ought To Treat A Stranger Right by Blind Willie Johnson
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's a beautiful song and the author should be honored still today.
July 21, 2017: Sweet Work Of Love by Lost Dogs
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It rocks, the lyrics are great, and people can have fun debating the meaning of the song.
July 20, 2017: His Voice As The Sound by Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I love the haunting melody. My wife and I listen to it over and over
July 19, 2017: Tennessee 1949 by Larry Sparks
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- One of my favorites; today it is a little higher than normal. Great song with upbeat catchy tune.
July 18, 2017: Angels In Everything by Blue October
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it's a really happy, upbeat song with a strong declaration of love
July 17, 2017: Blowtorch by Headstones
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because of the energy and power behind the words and music. Great live band whose energy is captured both on stage during their performances, and off stage within their music. Music from the Headstones helps get me through the day everyday, especially this song. This is why I nominate "Blowtorch" for the song of the day.
July 16, 2017: Rücken An Rücken by ASP
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song came to me. I don't know why, all I know is that it's beautiful.
July 15, 2017: Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division
- Nominated by Abbacadabra.
- Despite having a more upbeat and joyful sound to the music, the lyrics of the song are quite depressing once read. At the time of this song's recording, Ian Curtis, the lead singer, was having trouble with his failing marriage, which would ultimately lead to his suicide on May 18, the day before the band was supposed to begin their North American tour.
Preferred Date: July 15, 2017 (What would have been Ian Curtis's 61st birthday)
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song wakes me up at night, and I cry for my lost loved ones. I listen to music choice on my TV, to relax, yet always, I'll wake when this plays and the emotional response it evokes in me is incredible. I finally looked up the band and lay awake all night listening to all their music... Arstidir is incredible, I'm in New England, south of Boston, Massachusetts and it's such a fitting song for this overcast gloomy day.
July 13, 2017: Instruments Of Mercy by Beautiful Eulogy
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because it remembers why and for what we all have been called by God: to be an instrument of his mercy to show all the world the love of God.
July 12, 2017: The Nights by Avicii
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It's awesome and I am really sad because my crush didn't want me and then it's my birthday so I get double happinness
Preferred Date: July 12, 2017 (my 14th anniversary)
July 11, 2017: Kaho Na Kaho by Amir Jamal
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's my birthday and I like this song very much, it's very romantic.
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because I think this is one of Van Morrison's best performances, and of course the band... need I say more?
July 09, 2017: Apples And Bananas by Raffi
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because I like the lyrics. Raffi is awesome despite parents thinking that it's annoying
July 08, 2017: Queen Of Spades by Styx
- Nominated by AKnightInShiningArmor.
- This is a great song by Styx. The singing Dennis DeYoung does on this song is unique. This is an amazing rock song that will go down in history
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I love this song and I wrote an application that gets lyrics from this API. Unfortunately, it doesn't have it yet. I love this program so much!!!
Preferred Date: July 7, 2017
July 06, 2017: Down In The Bunker by Steve Gibbons Band
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because of the melody and the lyrics. Clever
July 05, 2017: Soul Of A Man by David Lindley
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominate this song because it touches me so deep. The beginning of the song sounds just like a "türkü" where the instruments called "saz" are used. Blues and traditional country are pretty close.
July 04, 2017: His Name by Urban Rescue
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it touches on what we as human beings go through each second we live
July 03, 2017: Tous Les Mêmes by Stromae
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It's a great song and one of very few non-English European hits to make it onto the chart here in the U.S.
July 02, 2017: Colour Television by Eddy Current Suppression Ring
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Wondrous and inspiring and informing of conspiring plus good resounding sounds
July 01, 2017: The Rose by André Rieu
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominate this gorgeous song by André Rieu because it always brings me to a better place, calmer and sweet.
Preferred Date: July 1, 2017