July 31, 2013: Starry Night by Chris August
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it inspired me. This song ministered to me when my hope was down, it lifted me spirit and strengthen my faith.
July 30, 2013: Shelter by Corrosion Of Conformity
- Nominated by Rypet.
- I nominated this song because it reminds me a lot of my grandfather who died almost two years ago.
July 29, 2013: Coming Home by Falco
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Absolutely awesome ... true star and wonderful performance at Donauinsel
July 28, 2013: Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) by Billy Joel
- Nominated by Gleefan2002.
- I nominated this song because it is my favorite and one of my first childhood memories. I love this song so much, it is so deep and loving, that I tear up whenever I listen to it. This song is like a part of me. I always feel special when I listen to it. I feel like I'm loved. please nominate on my birthday, july 28.
Preferred Date: July 28, 2013 (my birthday)
July 27, 2013: Beauty by Team StarKid
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because it is my favorite song in the whole world and because it isn't like all the 'hip' music today. This song is not about drugs, sex, or violence... It's about how beautiful the world is. No matter where you go, there will always be a little bit of beauty. Beauty means hope, and hope means a feature.
Preferred Date: July 19, 2013 (The premier of Twisted)
July 26, 2013: Star Guitar by 大沢伸一 (Shinichi Osawa)
- Nominated by Fassbrause.
- it's a great electro rock cover version of the already good Chemical Brothers song. The vocals are sung by the sweet voice of Au Revoir Simone. Everybody should give it a listen!
July 25, 2013: Hand In Glove by The Smiths
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- The lyrics mean a lot to me personally, and it's probably the best song from the most influential Indie band of all time.
July 24, 2013: Toranj by Mohsen Namjoo
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- just awesome! The music, the lyrics and the volume of his voice is just remarkable, makes you feel like eternity, like life, like it has always been and will always be.
July 23, 2013: I Riden Så by Gjallarhorn
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song due to its deep meaning within Scandinavian culture. It is not particularily remarkable, but it is certainly a song that I think should be more known, as it is quite an excellent piece.
July 22, 2013: London Pride by Noël Coward
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- The words rhyme and scan,
fitting the tune perfectly.The sentiments expressed sum up the way I feel as a Londoner. The lyrics put to shame many moderm 'song writers' who are at best semi literate. They should study songs like London Pride and learn their trade.
July 21, 2013: We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- Miley's been getting some flack for this song recently, and I can't blame her for that - changing your image drastically can be a risky chance to take. But if you look at it from a different perspective, Miley just wants to try something new. She wants to get away from her Disney persona and go for more of an adult image, which is perfectly reasonable for someone of her age. She doesn't care about the haters, either. Although I admit referencing cocaine in this song was something she could have left out, I think the R&B approach sounds pretty decent, and I'm interested to see how the rest of her new album goes.
July 20, 2013: Lady Madonna by The Beatles
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song to be Song of the Day because it shows us all the things that parents go through. Also, I like to sing along to the catchy rhythm, even if the song is not playing.
July 19, 2013: Ruby by Silver Apples
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I'm nominating this song because I wrote the artist directly to tell him that these lyrics couldn't be found anywhere on the internet, despite being considered by many to be their best song. He responded within 48 hours. Let's all celebrate the greatness and forward thinking style of this song from 1969.
July 18, 2013: All-American Boy by Steve Grand
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Song/video that portrays the story of young gay men all over America. Shows why so many gay men smoke and drink.
And what's best, no gay bashing takes place. just the heart-break of unrequited love.
Song could also be sung by a woman.
July 17, 2013: Mr. Bojangles by Harry Nilsson
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- We were looking for the name of this stray puppy we have adopted and the name "Bo" came to mind. I thought I would research the song and since the dog died I doubt my wife will go along with it for a name. But since my older brother used to play this song years ago I think it would be a nice tribute to that memory.
July 16, 2013: Danny's Den by Castlecomer
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's just such a moving, amazing, powerful song. I love it mor than any other song I've heard in my life. It's just so perfect.
July 15, 2013: January Wedding by The Avett Brothers
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it's a beautiful Spring love song. I can picture fresh budding trees and the smell of flowers as a happy, true love couple are deciding when to have their wedding.
July 14, 2013: Epic by Big Time Rush
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because everybody should have at least one epic night of their life! :) Make today yours!
July 13, 2013: You Are My Passion by Jesus Culture
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- In contrast to most of the shallow & meaningless songs out today, this one is actually deep and life-changing...
July 12, 2013: Little Bit of Everything by Dawes
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's so damn good! Reminds me of early Jackson Browne. I could imagine the late Warren Zevon doing a killer cover of this tune as well.
Preferred Date: July 12, 2013 (My Birthday)
July 11, 2013: I'm A Mess by The Rasmus
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song, because it's a song that describes someone's life and I think that there are many people who this song fits to.
July 10, 2013: Steam Machine by Daft Punk
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because it is my favourite song by Daft Punk and it is quite underrated
July 09, 2013: Goodnight by The Birthday Massacre
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This song is very personal to me during a very dark time in my life. It's like it's singing how close I was to ending it.
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's awesome. It really is. Trust me. So inspiring. The first time I heard it, I was hooked.
July 07, 2013: Moon Kuu by Timi Lexikon
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Really awesome song from Finland. Timi Lexikon really has made a touching song.
July 06, 2013: Die Geschichte Einer Mutter by Bel Canto
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because it`s as cold as snow, and as warm as love. It gives me the insights of life itself, which is, after my opinion, the whole meaning of music and songs. To the love of my life, who managed to melt my heart from ice to love.
July 05, 2013: America's Suitehearts by Fall Out Boy
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominate this song because some lyrics in this song were true. Me and my girlfriend had a lot of things going on. I wonder if she still likes me.
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's a great bumping track, and has some amazing lyrics with a deep message and meaning. FGFC820 is one of my all time favorite artists and this track is one of my favorites that I keep coming back to.
July 03, 2013: Bring Him Home by LyricWiki:Lists/Les Misérables
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Written for Colm Wilkinson, it's one of the most emotional pieces, if not the most emotional piece, from Les Misérables. And the song itself is very simple: on the eve of the June Rebellion, Jean Valjean asks God to spare Marius from the coming onslaught. Hugh Jackman did a good job in the film adaptation, but Colm Wilkinson's version is the standard against which all others are measured.
July 02, 2013: The Last Light by John Wesley
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This is just one of John's many amazing songs. The majority of his albums can be downloaded for free from his website.
July 01, 2013: Reflection by Tool
- Nominated by RedBlueDeath.
- I nominate this song because...you have to listen it to yourself, it will take you deep to your spiritual state. Later in the song, the climax is my favourite part. Long but worth it.