January 30, 2013: A Great Day For Freedom by Pink Floyd
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This is the ultimate "relax and forget every thing else" song!
January 29, 2013: Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- A song about leaving history and home, despite urgings to return, written when Peter Gabriel left Genesis as their vocalist.
January 28, 2013: Layla by Eric Clapton
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song features one of the most recognizable guitar riffs in Rock music.
January 27, 2013: For The First Time by The Script
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It is an amazing song and tells that even at hard times you should keep your head held high, and be proud of who you are.
January 26, 2013: The One That Got Away by Katy Perry
- Nominated by JustinGleek.
- I nominate this song because I really love this and it reminds me of the one that got away from me :(
January 25, 2013: How Did We Find Our Way by The Pineapple Thief
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- How can one explain the magic of this sultry song? It is at once a bit melancholy and bright at the same time. The lyrics are such a poetic subtle seduction, and the music is equally evocative. I adore this guy's voice!
January 21, 2013: Mad About by High Society Collective
- Nominated by Ernestgrimes.
- I nominated this song, because it highlights the struggles and frustrations of so many people. We have come a long way in society but we still have work to do. There are millions of people who are hurting and they just want to be heard and helped. This song is pleading for us to hear them.
Preferred Date: January 21, 2013 (Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday.)
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It really speaks to my heart and soul. KB is a newer rapper and has made a big impact already. This song has a great beat to it and even better lyrics.
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- A piece just over 20 minutes, this song remains Rush's longest song ever and one of their most iconic songs. While this song may have a great jam to it, it also tells a story. My favorite part of the story is when the main character finds a guitar, self-teaches himself, and ends up playing a brutally hard solo in presentation to the priests of the temple of Syrinx. Overall, this is a fantastic song and one of Rush's best.
January 18, 2013: I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Supposedly, this was improvised during a jam session with Springsteen and the E Street Band. He came up with the lyrics on the fly.
January 17, 2013: I Still Think by Darren Criss
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It means a great deal to me, is very sweet, and represents Darren's writing style very well. I also love it.
January 16, 2013: 新世紀のラブソング by Asian Kung-Fu Generation
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Such a great emotional song. And even if you can't understand Japanese it's got great music.
January 15, 2013: Nothing by The Script
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- My girl left me, and this song just summarizes all that I was thinking...
January 14, 2013: Lover's Lullaby by The Walker Brothers
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Scott Walker's voice is truly outstanding, then and now. Rest if you must, Scott, but never quit. Good health to you always.
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- A cover of Taylor Swift's song. Adam's breathtaking sound, Taylor's amazing lyrics, mixed with a bit of cheery romance. Suffice to say this is a great song.
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I love She music. I like her songs. She is my all time favorite singer. So it would be cool to nominate the song. The song is like my life. Got my heart beating faster than the speed of light.
January 11, 2013: They by Combichrist
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Combichrist are just pure genius and this song illustrates it magnificently!
January 10, 2013: Silence by Portishead
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I am nominating this song because it reminds me that life must be lived, but not taken so seriously. This way, we stay out of the way, out of our heads and closer to our hearts. Let's let our hearts decide. Peace and love, baby!
January 09, 2013: The Luckiest by Ben Folds
- Nominated by Floridarunny.
- A loving, charming, and bittersweet song to remind the one you love that you are the luckiest person alive - because you get the chance to love them.
January 08, 2013: Secrets by OneRepublic
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- The lyrics of this song are just plain amazing and the celloist is so moving. It's definitely worth a listen.
January 07, 2013: Turkish Delight by Susanne Sundfør
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It is extremely beautiful, it sends shivers down mine spine when I hear it.
January 06, 2013: Dear England by Lowkey
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song certainly deserves its place in the history of your SOTD: it has really great lyrics, a good beat, and a very positive message.
January 05, 2013: The Never-Ending Why by Placebo
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because the lyrics are so great and so true, with a lot of feeling in the voice.
January 04, 2013: Camilo (The Magician) by Said The Whale
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It is brilliant, has an incredible hook, and it leaves you wanting to hear it again and again.
January 03, 2013: My Heart Takes Over by The Saturdays
- Nominated by Sxnti.
- This song should become SOTD because the The Saturdays album On Your Radar deserves to be known worldwide, it's such a beautiful winter anthem! :) Love it!
January 02, 2013: Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This on is a really good song, it's a classic! Not most kids now-a-days will see this!
January 01, 2013: HERO -English Version- by Monkey Majik
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because it somehow, gave me enough strength to get back up on my feet and accept life's hardships. This song gave me faith. (:
Preferred Date: January 1, 2013 (1st week of overcoming life's hardships!)