February 28, 2017: Nubian Lady by Yusef Lateef
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- What wonderful pictures of my wife it allows me to conjure-enough said
February 27, 2017: Memories Are Made Of This by The Saints
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- A forerunner of rap-spoken lyrics. And a beautiful bass line.
February 26, 2017: The Trumpet Shall Sound by George Frideric Handel
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because of Handel's unrivaled Christmas production in Messiah. Because in Messiah, the victory of the believer reaches its apex in the passage being sung about.
February 25, 2017: Stroking My Beard by The Beards
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is an interesting mix of humour and seriousness
February 24, 2017: Do-Op Hop by Sesame Street
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- In 1994 they did an a cappella version, plus the beat is so catchy and teaches kids not to give up
February 23, 2017: Wide Awake by Eric Saade
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- The lyrics are great and the meaning is the feelings a lot of people have in some season of their lives.
February 22, 2017: Pow by Graham Central Station
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Its wildly funky and people don't listen to enough music outside their comfort zone
February 21, 2017: It's A Wonderful Life by Bandits Of The Acoustic Revolution
- Nominated by Ozpl18.
- It's such a beautiful song... Kalnoky's voice was different back then and it really does great for this song. Also, brass instruments are astoundingly good.
February 20, 2017: Lemon Tree by Fool's Garden
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- These lyrics are so close to how many people feel about life nowadays
February 19, 2017: Down To The Waterline by Dire Straits
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Further evidence that Mark Knopfler can write a song about anything and make it great. Never get tired of listening to Dire Straits.
February 18, 2017: Lay It On The Line by Triumph
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Because it rocks, and shouldn't be relegated to the bin of "music we bought on cassette and vinyl" and forgot about 30+ years later.
February 17, 2017: Solidarity Forever by Pete Seeger
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Nominating this song in honor of the F17 Solidarity Strike on February 17, 2017, nation wide.
Preferred Date: February 17, 2017 (F17 Solidarity Strike)
February 16, 2017: Raindrop On The Sun by Ian McCulloch
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It captures the times, Ian McCulloch is one of my three favorite artists and it sounds cool!
Preferred Date: February 16, 2017 (50th birthday)
February 15, 2017: Wearing Out My Shoes by Club Des Belugas
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominate this song because today I decided to live and love and my future looked in my eyes and smiled. While listening to this song.
February 14, 2017: Stars Of The Midnight Range by Johnny Bond
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- When I was younger my mother would play this song on repeat so I would sleep, and I still listen to it every night to this day!
February 13, 2017: Forårsdag by Anne Linnet
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Det er mit livs melodi... Det er sådan mit liv er - og vil være...!!! Det er i år netop i foråret nu for 35 år siden...!!
Preferred Date: February 13, 2017 (35 year jubilary)
February 12, 2017: The Fabled Hare by Maddy Prior
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because it is beautifully written.
February 11, 2017: I Close My Eyes by Covenant
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It's an amazing song. Beautiful melodies, sweet lyrics sung with passion.
February 10, 2017: Little Heart by Amarante
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It is sweet and reminds me of someone when I listen to this song every time.
February 09, 2017: Cherry Picking by Potty Mouth
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It's just a great song and rhythm, also it has girl power !!!
February 08, 2017: День И Ночь by Мот
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I could listen to this song all day if I could. (I don't have a Russian keyboard, so I have to make do with what I have.)
February 07, 2017: In My Dreams by Mike Ault
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- The song has a really great beginning and then the vocals just make the song great.
February 06, 2017: Always More by Megan Cavallari, Amy Powers & Rob Hudnut
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song, because... it's so touching and nice
February 05, 2017: When A Child Is Born by Johnny Mathis
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Because we are entering the period before Christmas and we in the Dalesmen Singers are singing this song on Saturday and the following Saturday
February 04, 2017: Cosmophobia by DJ Quicksilver
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This is one of the best song of pizzicato style, and one the of best within electronic music in my humble opinion.
February 03, 2017: Masters of War by Mountain
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Featuring guest vocals by Ozzy Osbourne, I discovered Mountain's version of the Bob Dylan song within the last month or so and have taken to it like a house on fire. I enjoy the Dylan version, and I've been really into Mountain since first hearing "Mississippi Queen", so the combination of the two makes for an enjoyable listen, with Leslie West's guitar playing as good as ever.
February 02, 2017: Proud Of Our Blindness by Bill Champlin
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominate this song because in this charged election season we as a people, of both political ideologies, have forgotten the everyday aspects of life.
February 01, 2017: Nothing Else Matters by Gregorian
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- I only discovered Gregorian a few days ago, and heard of Gregorian chants just in passing, but their take on some classic rock songs is an interesting blend of styles. The original by Metallica has a dark, macabre sound typical of thrash metal, but as a Gregorian chant, it's downright haunting.