February 28, 2013: Silent Melody by Working For A Nuclear Free City
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song is so calming. It makes you think about who you are. Probably, that is everything I can say about this.
February 27, 2013: Ensimmäinen Runo by Viikate
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This song is awesome, not only because this is a cover from Amorphis's In The Beginning, but also because the lyrics are straight from Kalevala, the Finnish national epic.
Preferred Date: February 28, 2013
February 26, 2013: The Great Interactive Mad-Lib by Brentalfloss
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This guy is so funny, more people need to know of him and his music.
February 25, 2013: Stale Penny (Miracle Grow) by Fair To Midland
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- An intense song by an underrated band. It rocks, it's unique, has great singing and great lyrics. Their old music is much different but without it Fair to Midland wouldn't be as it is today.
February 22, 2013: If You Know Love by Molly Johnson
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This song brings me back in time to 1930s. I'm only 47 years old! Though times were tough then, people just seemed natural.
Preferred Date: February 22, 2013
February 21, 2013: Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive) by Dark Tranquillity
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song is so freakin' amazing. Can't believe how many times I've listened to it in the past couple of weeks. The vocals are absolutely amazing and the chord progression is incredibly beautiful.
February 19, 2013: Tu Es Foutu by Lamur
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This song is worth a nomination because it's really catchy, it makes sense, and it's a hit. I wonder why this wasn't already nominated.
February 18, 2013: Stigmata Martyr by Abney Park
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Amazing and true, and musically beautiful. I think of real-life martyrs like those being murdered in Egypt, Iran, North Korea, etc. etc. etc.
February 17, 2013: I Know It's Over by The Smiths
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Rarely is a songwriter able to be so bleakly honest as in this song. Perfect for drowning one's sorrows.
February 16, 2013: Sophomore by Darren Criss
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It's stuck in my head, and I can really relate to it, being a sophomore and all. I can't really explain it -- it's just a great song!! Darren hasn't recorded it in a recording studio or anything, and the version i found sounds so organic and personal.
February 15, 2013: Teenage Confidential by Flamin' Groovies
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song, because it is a good oldie, and just added.
February 14, 2013: Chapter V: The Walls Bled Lust by The Fall Of Troy
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Guitar is amazing, lyrics are emotional and well put.
February 13, 2013: Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Every musician has several songs about love, but "Cosmic Love" belongs to category tagged as "from heart, soul, mind and power".
February 11, 2013: Oliver Twist by Avey Tare
- Nominated by Jose Soto.
- Good song. I think it needs way more exposure. Why don't more people Know about Avey and Animal Collective?....
February 10, 2013: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This band is incredibly underrated and I think more people should have the opportunity to listen to them.
February 09, 2013: やさしくなりたい by 斉藤和義 (Kazuyoshi Saito)
- Nominated by Shazr.
- Popularized by the Japanese drama series 'Kaseifu No Mita', this song is a pop-rock raver that is full of both energy and meaning.
February 08, 2013: Marilyn Loves Heroin by That Handsome Devil
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's all about spreadin' the THD Gospel to the whole world. We wanna see the whole world dancin' to the beatin' drums in that dank disco known as Hell.
February 07, 2013: Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye
- Nominated by Parsprototo.
- A pretty good song by Gotye from Belgium about being cut off after a separation. Performed as a duet, the song gains more depth, the video clip is very creative piece of work. Definitely a song to know!
February 06, 2013: Voices of the Voiceless by Lowkey
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This is for the unsung millions ground to dust by the Wars of Terror.
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- The lyrics sound much different than when I heard them. But they're actually much better than what I remember them for.
February 04, 2013: My Hometown by Bruce Springsteen
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- A song about the decline of American cities in times of racial tension, Vietnam, and economic recession.
- Nominated by LWChris.
- Amongst all the stars of modern music who Germany has raised so far, the Wise Guys are maybe not the most famous, but definitely one of the best. Funny or silly, but also very fine lyrics are mixed with great sounds. But most of all, they are honestly the best a capella band that I know. In their quite new song about Facebook they proof their excellent gift to wrap reality in fun lyrics. This song comes along with a free download and an English translation, so you can enjoy the full circumference of the Wise Guys' outstanding talent.
February 01, 2013: The Cut by Peter Hammill
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I can't get it out of my head - after all these years it returns as a pure essence.
Preferred Date: February 1, 2013