December 31, 2017: Ultraviolet Light by Ryan Adams And The Cardinals
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song has some good advice for people trying to get out of the rut and think outside of the box.
December 30, 2017: Hoodoo Man Blues by Junior Wells
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Its brilliance is a mark of our time as the tax bill developed in secrecy is about to be voted on - 'somebody done hoodoo'd the hoodoo man'
December 29, 2017: He's So Good To Me by The Booth Brothers
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I woke up singing it, and I remembered it word for word. It expressed my joy of the moment perfectly, even though I hadn't thought of the song in quite a while.
December 28, 2017: Offering (Christmas Version) by Paul Baloche
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it speaks to the heart of why we celebrate God's most amazing gift--God coming to earth in human form. Our gift to Him is our worship and to regift the Gospel every chance we get.
December 27, 2017: The Great Southland by Geoff Bullock
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This song is an old Australian classic. It is for those times you're in a nostalgic mood.
December 26, 2017: Green Chri$tma$ by Stan Freberg
- Nominated by Oldiesmann.
- A hilarious jab at the over-commercialization of Christmas. Sadly just as relevant today as it was when this was recorded nearly 60 years ago.
December 25, 2017: Last Christmas by Wham!
- Nominated by Hornean.
- It is very ironic that 25 December 2016 was George Michael's last Christmas before he died of what is initially believed to be heart failure. Ironic because George Michael was the member of Wham!
Preferred Date: December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day, and the death anniversary of George Michael)
December 24, 2017: Espiritu Santo Bay by Kimmie Rhodes
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song deserves to be nominated - it is genius songwriting and she has a beautiful voice to listen to. And these days, near to Christmas, need for a lot of people some music like this..!!
Preferred Date: December 24, 2017 (The day my friend died a year ago)
December 23, 2017: Love Thing by Joe Satriani
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Joe Sat's at his best!!! The most romantic song, without actually having any lyrics!!
December 22, 2017: Spirit Of The Season by Alan Silvestri
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's probably the best Christmas song from the best lit Christmas movie "The Polar Express".
December 21, 2017: Ballad Of The Mages by Brentalfloss
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because not only is it catchy, but it has the orchestral sense of adventure that represents the entire Final Fantasy franchise.
Preferred Date: December 21, 2017 (The 5th anniversary of the Ballad of the Mages.)
December 20, 2017: This Time Of The Year by Brook Benton
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I would like to nominate this song to be the song of the day because it is such a beautiful LOST Christmas song... you don't hear it much... It is a song that brings back great memories of what Christmas should be like! Maybe if it made song of the day it would be played more on radio stations and someone would make a remake of it so it can receive the recognition it deserves.
December 19, 2017: A Change Of Horses by Ian Anderson
- Nominated by 2607:FB90:8221:6FC4:D8DA:F4B2:ADDD:DD6A.
- It has meaningful lyrics, original instrumentation, and a real mood.
December 18, 2017: Traditions Of Christmas by Mannheim Steamroller
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I want to nominate this song because it is so sweet and a reminder of what we need... what the world needs
December 17, 2017: Retracing Memories by The Sorrow
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- The Sorrow was one of the best and most beautiful metal bands out there and I think everyone should hear this song.
December 16, 2017: Impossible by Rodgers And Hammerstein
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because I thought it was just a original song
Preferred Date: December 16, 2017
December 15, 2017: Mercy Mercy by Hillsong
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- One of my favourite songs from Hillsong United; it was played at a time of great distress for me as I was finishing up high school with my final exams.
This song alleviated the stress induced in me whilst I was studying, and so it has become one of the most inspiring Christian songs.
Preferred Date: December 15, 2017 (Result day)
December 14, 2017: We Three Kings by Mediæval Bæbes
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I absolutely LOVE the song. One of my favs. This version of the song is undoubtedly one of the best I've heard by far. It's somehow very motivating as well.
December 13, 2017: Baby Don't Break My Heart Slow by Taylor Swift
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because it is my favorite song and Taylor Swift deserves credit for it.
Preferred Date: December 13, 2017 (Taylor Swift's 28th Birthday)
December 12, 2017: Echoes by Celldweller
- Nominated by Jasonmartin327.
- If you're looking for the perfect modern shoegaze soundscape that really brings you back to those masterpieces from the 80s, this is the perfect song for that.
December 11, 2017: Tyrant by Judas Priest
- Nominated by 2607:FCC8:8E83:F600:FC90:9639:955D:1197.
- Hardest rock song ever for the time while being the most harmonic
December 10, 2017: Reaction Of A Young Man by Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- A very underrated song that needs more attention. This song is truly wonderful, a hidden gem.
The meaning behind this very well written song, from what I have heard, is the love affair between a young man and an old woman, and that makes more sense the more you listen to it.
The song was released in 1968 by the band Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera, and appears in the album that goes by the same name.
December 09, 2017: Peace Be Still by Vanessa Bell Armstrong
- Nominated by 2600:6C5A:677F:EB5E:F42F:294A:E608:DB95.
- Because I command peace where ever I am. Peace in my home, peace on my job, peace in my life.
December 08, 2017: What Am I Living For by Mark-Almond
- Nominated by 2600:387:4:802:0:0:0:5B.
- Everybody has these circumstances and feelings, this song is universal, and the musicality is so great.
December 07, 2017: Roads Untraveled by Linkin Park
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- RIP Chester Bennington. Forever one of the best singers to get me through tough times.
December 06, 2017: Sugar, Sugar by The Archies
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It's a song I've just always loved and I heard it again today after so many years... brought back some sweet memories.
December 05, 2017: Sole Survivor by Blue Öyster Cult
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Though not as heavy as Sabbath's "Iron Man", it's got a similar narrative of a post-apocalyptic future. It's not as riff-driven as some of BOC's other songs, but the rhythm is relatively simple and has got a fun bounce to it that just makes the song fly by.
December 04, 2017: Wolf In Sheep's Clothing by Set It Off
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because it never fails to put a smile on my face. The musicality is superb.
Preferred Date: December 4, 2017 (17th Birthday)
December 03, 2017: Moses (Old Testament) by Southern Raiders Band
- Nominated by 1srb.
- It is a great analogy of a Great Prophet in Rock 'n' Roll format (No Preaching) just an awesome story inside an upbeat song.
December 02, 2017: Lord What A Woman by Gary Stewart
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This man is the unsung hero of outlaw/honky-tonk country. His vibrato is amazing... IDK why he is not in the CMHF? (Country Music Hall of Fame)
December 01, 2017: China Cat Sunflower by Grateful Dead
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song raises cosmic awareness and it is good karma. Takes you inside and outside yourself and ultimately makes the music part of your soul.