December 31, 2013: Counting Stars by OneRepublic
- Nominated by LOTRfan394.
- It's a catchy song saying that money isn't everything in the world, saying that people should spend less time counting their money and spend more time, well, counting stars.
December 30, 2013: Le Temps Efface Tout by Trust
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because ut speaks to all of the children of the 1960's as they see this world of their dreams crumble against the greed and selfishness of the 'haves' and the despairs of the 'have nots'
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Not only combination of the guitar (Alex) and electrical instruments (Mink), the lyrics was also touching (Neil) and well voiced (Lee).
The deepest impression song ever.(Andi Jakarta)
December 28, 2013: Will You Still Love Me? by Chicago
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song is timeless awesomeness. It has always been my Valentines favorite. Please nominate!
December 27, 2013: Jesus At The Center by Israel Houghton
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Because He Reigns and Makes Everything NEW!!! When he is the center of my heart, of my mind, of all that i am , do , say, think...All is well, all is new, all is restored, all is stable, all is well....And it is well with my soul, that HE is Lord!!
December 26, 2013: The Magdalene Laundries by Christy Moore
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I was drawn to this song because,knowing about the laundries since 1980 (I accidentally stumbled into one in 2nd yr at 'school', for 5 mins, while on the mitch )I was wringing my hands yesterday listening to the pathetic state 'response' to the latest Govt. commissioned 'report'. Christy's Moore's rendition of Joni Mitchell's song sums it up best!
December 25, 2013: I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- A truly meaningful song by Greg Lake (the "Lake" in Emerson, Lake & Palmer), this was his only hit solo release and remains his most well-known song. This song was written as a protest to the commercialization of Christmas and instead focuses on what Christmas should truly be about: leaving the pain in life behind and having the opportunity to spend Christmas with the ones you love.
Preferred Date: December 25, 2013 (Christmas)
December 24, 2013: Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song, because it's different than what's currently on radio and it's got a great beat.
December 23, 2013: Fools Gold by Andy Mineo
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it helps me realize that money and man's approval is not going to last. Instead people should turn to seeks God's favor.
December 22, 2013: My Heart Belongs To You by Marmalade Souls
- Nominated by WikiaPhoenix.
- I nominated this song, because it has a great beatlesque feeling to it, that makes me happy when I listen to it.
December 21, 2013: My Time Has Come by Chester See
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's amazing, and it's also emotionally powerful in my opinion. Plus, Chester See is amazing.
Preferred Date: December 21, 2013
December 20, 2013: Who Do You Voodoo by Sam B
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because its an absolutely epic song, perfect for the game Dead Island
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This is for all the parents out there! Loving ur kids and letting go are the hardest thing to do, but when they come back to your arms, you'll have a heartmelt!
December 18, 2013: We Are Young by Fun.
- Nominated by Ducksplash.
- This song is a perfect song if you want a love song and a party song. Throughout the song lyrics like "I'll carry you home" and "Tonight we are young" this song truly captures the party and unpredictable life of many young adults.
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because it is a brilliant piece of music that touches on a very human element of life...whether we can be somebody, and what the heck that even means.
December 16, 2013: Arlington by Trace Adkins
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I chose Arlington to honor those who've sacrificed for our freedom. God bless and thanks for our freedom.
December 15, 2013: The Death Of Kennedy by Mighty Sparrow
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Great tribute to one of the greatest president. His death affected people even in the carribean
December 14, 2013: Stand Inside Your Love by The Smashing Pumpkins
- Nominated by Fassbrause.
- This is, to me, one of the best Pumpkins songs and also one of the most beautiful love songs ever.
- Nominated by Ducksplash.
- The fist single of her new album, this was one of the hottest songs of the year and it proves that Gaga is hotter than ever. This song captures concerts and performances throughout its lyrics of "I live for the applause." It shows what we all live for: recognition.
December 12, 2013: Remember How We Forgot by Shane Koyczan
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- So powerful. A great Tribute to the final concert at an Historic location.
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song (Agony) because I really like the way she sing it.. It really captured my heart and I would really hear it over and over again.. <3
December 10, 2013: Part From Me by The Avett Brothers
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Full of emotion as all their songs are. The Avett Brothers are a Jen hid amongst today's music.
December 08, 2013: In The Past by The Chocolate Watchband
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Clear and simple message. Good musical theme. Forgotten band...
- Nominated by Note-Wordy.
- This is the artist's first single, it premiered on the radio at exactly this time yesterday, and it will be released for sale on iTunes in three days. If all that's not worth being "Song of the Day," I don't know what is! @:')
Preferred Date: December 7, 2013 (Radio Premiere 7-12-2013, Single Release 7-16-2013)
December 06, 2013: I Sit Beside The Fire by Donald Swann
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's all about nostalgia for times past and having led a fulfilling life to look back on.
December 05, 2013: Hayseed Like Me by Pete Seeger
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- because it is as true today as it was then! And it requires a faith within the movement that the big business government and otherwise cannot ignore! see how they force the issue now with their new technology
December 04, 2013: Chap-Hop History by Mr. B The Gentleman Rhymer
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Ground breaking, genre-bending, and lots of fun! I love his video and the way it takes the listener through the greats in hip hop.
December 03, 2013: Mules Are So Half Ass by Hank Green
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because of the clever use of the double entendre and the catchy nature of the song
December 02, 2013: In My Life by Claude-Michel Schönberg
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song, because it is a beautiful song, and deserves it
Preferred Date: December 2, 2013
December 01, 2013: Morena Do Mar by Nara Leão
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This stunning song was written by Dorival Caymmi and performed by the incomparable Nara Leao. The beauty lies in the sincerity of Nara'a sweet, silken vocal, her guitar and the beautiful arrangement.
Preferred Date: December 1, 2013