August 31, 2017: Moskow Diskow by Telex
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because of its influence on dance music and representation of a subject matter that rarely is on the consciousness of music listeners in a fun, funky, high energy way. Telex makes you want to defect to Russia and forget any thoughts other than it's a cool funky destination. The Accent, Brigit Bardot????? C'mon????
August 30, 2017: From The Ground Up by Dan + Shay
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Best song that promotes values that are fading fast and that we'll miss when gone
August 29, 2017: Sri Argala Stotram (Selected Verses)/Show Me Love by Krishna Das
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- The most beautiful song I have ever heard in my life!!! Krishna Das... you are amazing! This song brought tears to my eyes!
August 28, 2017: You Can't Fight The Homestuck by Kylee Henke
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It embraces people's fandoms! It's good and funny and sheds light on something that has helped people in so many ways.
August 27, 2017: Ekko Vs Zilean (Rap Battle) by Instalok
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's funky, cool, has a real meaning behind the lyrics and has burns hotter than a Brand ult.
Preferred Date: August 27, 2017 (first year anniversary)
August 26, 2017: Ain't Gone 'N' Give Up On Love by Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Because Stevie Ray Vaughan wrote this song, lyrics and music and it came from his heart. The world truly lost that fateful day. 😢😥😔🎸
Preferred Date: August 26, 2017
August 25, 2017: Bathtub Mermaid by Mili
- Nominated by DropletKloud.
- I think this song tells a really realistic tale of a woman sacrificing so much just for her lover, being blind to all his flaws, only to be ignored constantly. She is physically hurting herself for the sake of love, but the guy doesn't notice and even refuses to look at her. In the end, all their memories are gone. It reflects on toxic relationships, which can be a serious problem. The song gives off a really sweet vibe, like how said relationships look perfect on the outside. But when delve deeper, it's very disturbing. I just love this song so much too!
August 24, 2017: Lucie by Pascal Obispo
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It reminds you to live in the moment because tomorrow may not be promised
August 23, 2017: Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Honestly? I'm drunk and I lived it, it's a great song all around but, personally, that's my reason.
August 22, 2017: The One Inside, Part Two: My Companion Through Life by Beardfish
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Its beauty... the fingerpicking of a nylon string guitar. Its ominousness.
August 21, 2017: Anathema by Twenty One Pilots
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Underrated and deep, vocals at times sound like Dan Haseltine of Jars of Clay.
August 20, 2017: Better In The Dark by Dio
- Nominated by Timmy101.
- Because it's an awesome song. Better In The Dark is extremely catchy, and is definitely one of my favorite Dio songs.
August 19, 2017: Die Antwort Fliegt Mit Dem Wind by Sleipnir
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is one of the best songs ever written. Plus it sounds good and has a good harmony.
August 18, 2017: Paris Latino by Bandolero
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It's a very funky jam. A perfect song for jamming out.
August 17, 2017: Garbage by Pete Seeger
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated the song because of its relevance and significance to today's society.
- Nominated by Robotz.
- This song is well written and the guitar licks are infectious, it epitomizes the essence of early 1970s Classic Rock. The Rocking Beat with a Soulful feel coupled with Classic Rock Guitar is a winner.
Robert Johnson and Peter French wrote a masterpiece. This song is the epitome of the Classic Power Trio Era. I remember Johnson was in a previous band with Duane Hitchings called Steele.
August 15, 2017: Hipster Apocalypse by X24
- Nominated by Oldiesmann.
- This is a catchy song and an absolutely hilarious parody of the "hipster" culture.
August 14, 2017: As Some Day It May Happen by Gilbert And Sullivan
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I love the lyrics as they perfectly express my personal attitude toward society
Preferred Date: August 14, 2017 (65th anniversary of my birth)
August 13, 2017: Mrs. Elliott by Enter The Haggis
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it's a great story. The tune is well written and many people do not know this band yet!
August 12, 2017: Fare Thee Well Love by The Rankin Family
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- My sister Audrey's beloved husband just passed away and I hope they meet again..... beautiful song.
Preferred Date: August 12, 2017 (1st. anniversary of Jack C. Gold's passing.)
August 11, 2017: Have You Ever Seen This Place by Chris Lizotte
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Its a beautiful, still song that is written in the peace of God
Preferred Date: August 11, 2017
August 10, 2017: The Magnet by The Tea Club
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because it is lyrical and musical genius
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's awesome and it is about Overwatch and Reaper, the best character in the game.
Preferred Date: August 9, 2017 (My birthday)
August 08, 2017: F.U.N. Song by SpongeBob SquarePants
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because it's all about summer fun and enjoying yourself.
- Nominated by Abbacadabra.
- Although the song missed Billboard's Hot 100's top 40, it made it to #4 on the Mainstream Rock chart, and is one of the most popular songs by the band. The lyrics are of an introspective nature based around one's sudden rise to popularity. The song was inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2010
August 06, 2017: The Astronomer by Vermillion Lies
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's clever, it's funny, the lyrics are sooo good and the singer has a wonderful voice. I'd never heard it before but I shall play this song every day from now on.
August 05, 2017: Don't Lose Your Heart by Dream On, Dreamer
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song, because it very much touches my heart whenever I listen to this song.
August 04, 2017: Can You Feel It? by The Jackson 5
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song has a message we need to hear, with the way things are going today.
August 03, 2017: If It Be Your Will by Antony And The Johnsons
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Great voice and a fitting rendition of a great Leonard Cohen song.
August 02, 2017: Hard Drivin' Man by The J. Geils Band
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because
A) it totally rocks, and
B) in honor of John Geils who passed this week (on April 11, 2017)
August 01, 2017: Sleepwalking by Bring Me The Horizon
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Great beat, great intro, poetical lyrics. Everything in this song is beautiful. I think it deserves SOTD award