April 30, 2013: Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi by Céline Dion
- Nominated by Kopf101.
- Céline Dion was the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 1988 with this song eventually launching her international career.
Preferred Date: April 30, 2013 (25th anniversary of the victory)
April 29, 2013: End Of The Line by Traveling Wilburys
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- One of the Wilburys's best songs. The music video foreshadows Orbison's death by showing an empty rocking chair with his guitar in it as he sings his verse, and the train gets significantly darker, which is one thing I find really interesting about the video. Such a shame that Orbison died shortly after this nice little song was recorded.
April 28, 2013: Monkey Boy by Kontrust
- Nominated by MusicAddict.
- This song from the criminally unknown Austrian Crossover band Kontrust has one of the catchiest choruses I have ever witnessed on my everlasting journey of discovering new music.
The catchiness of the chorus is mixed with playful sounds in the verses ranging from heavy guitar riffing, deep male vocals to samples, high female vocals and sound poetry. If this song doesn't make you swing your head to the rhythm, I don't know what does.
April 27, 2013: Measure Of A Man by Heather Dale
- Nominated by Misty Kitty.
- Heather Dale is a fantastic singer but she isn't as well known as she deserves. Measure of a Man is, like all of her songs, very beautiful, and uplifting and sad at the same time.
April 26, 2013: Status Quo by Team StarKid
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because it is the only song that I listen to when I feel down or depressed. I love singing along and it always lifts me up.
April 25, 2013: Looking for Alaska by Hank Green
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's heart-felt and meaningful... And it means more to Hank because his brother, John, wrote a book called "Looking For Alaska". I love this song, and more people need to hear it.
April 24, 2013: The Raven That Refused To Sing by Steven Wilson
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because of it mellow and melancholic tone, which it does beautifully. It let's you travel inside the soul of the song.
April 23, 2013: La Cucharita by Jorge Velosa
- Nominated by UNABOHG.
- Because its meaning is fun and violence free, it represents a naive story about a simple bone spoon, nevertheless thst spoon has an important meaning to him
Preferred Date: April 23, 2013
April 22, 2013: The Spirit Of Radio by Rush
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- Ah...Rush never disappoints. They are so talented for a 3-piece band and so perfect, they should label their music to its own genre: math rock. This song is great, changing time signatures in several parts, and even a drastic change of style to reggae in two parts of the song! Neil Peart's drumming here never disappoints, with the perfect rolls and paradiddles he is known for.
April 21, 2013: Oh My Love by Riz Ortolani
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Because it is sung with such hope! It's about somebody going through something very painful. Hopefully, they won't get lost in the pain and trapped by it because it will devour them. With great hope, this singer and this song warn us not to let the pain (physical, emotional, etc.) take over our lives. Instead let go and believe that there is beauty and love all around.
April 20, 2013: Happy Hellidays by Dethcentrik
- Nominated by Stefank1.
- This song isn't afraid to call out the commercial nature of the holidays, the sheepish way people fall into the trap of buying things for them, and asks if God would really want people buying material items
April 18, 2013: Grace by Devin Townsend Project
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because every time I hear it, I get goosebumps. I smile, it makes me happy when I'm upset. Devin Townsend also sends a wonderful message in all of his songs. He's truly reached enlightenment.
April 17, 2013: O Sifuni Mungu by First Call
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- THis song is over 20 years and still evokes the same emotions as when I heard it hte first time. It is timeless.
April 16, 2013: Goodnight And Thank You by Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- "Oh What a Circus" is my favorite song from Evita, but this is probably the most fun to sing along with. Dismissing Eva's suitors in turn as she climbs the social ladder, it's the interplay between all the characters that makes it memorable.
April 15, 2013: I Hold My Breath by Artisan
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- My ultimate favorite song EVER, the first time i listened to this song i fell in love with it, it is so romantic and heartfelt, me and my boyfriend love it as well, this is our song and when gay marriage is legalized in my country this song will definitely will be our wedding song.
April 14, 2013: More Than Words by Extreme
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- A brave departure from Extreme's earlier, hard rock and metal roots, this song is an acoustic ballad of sorts with nothing but guitar and vocals, and is one of Extreme's fan favorites.
April 13, 2013: J'Aime by Salvatore Adamo
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It is extremely beautiful and sensational. It gives me a sense of lightness in my mind: as though I am on and beyond the clouds and not on earth.
April 12, 2013: This Could All Be Yours by Guster
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song reminds me—not only of the Lion King—but also of all the time my dad prepared me to become adult and that his life would all be mine someday...
April 11, 2013: Sata Vuotta Kaivossa by Aknestik
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because it has been waiting there for 100 years. In english it is called "100 years in dwell" and it is about waiting someone to rescue you from desperate situation.
April 10, 2013: Shadows On The Sand by Frank Sinatra & The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- My dad was an entertainer during the WWII, and used to sing this song all the time~ Miss him..
April 09, 2013: Been To The Future by Joey Eppard
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Best singer/guitarist out there right now. He has the voice of an angel and the guitar playing skills of the devil. Sounds ever better live. Poetic lyrics.
April 08, 2013: Another Day by Mystery
- Nominated by KyoufuNoDaiou.
- A song that proves progressive rock is still alive and kicking. A song that so many people can relate to, about hoping for one more day, being able to do what you haven't done yet, and asks people who see the world as "just a game" to give it a second go. The song closes with a wonderful plea asking for another day.
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Only Tim Curry could make a song about manic depression sexy. If you don't like this incredible song, you must be dead.
April 06, 2013: In Wolves by This Or The Apocalypse
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this because it is a song that tells me that i can do anything and i am believed in and no one's ever told me that.
April 05, 2013: Don't Let Me Get Me by P!nk
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- The lyrics are so great. The beat sounds perfect with the song. This song would make a great theme song for a movie
April 04, 2013: Oh Comely by Neutral Milk Hotel
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because it's a beautiful and intelligent look at human consciousness. It relaxes me.
April 03, 2013: Light A Fire by Brian Johnson
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- this is really touching and spiritual song that make u feel safe and do not give up not matter what happen today or later and maybe tomorrow its make you understand that somebody is here for you and you will never be alone again
Preferred Date: April 2, 2013
April 02, 2013: Lydia by Queens Club
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because it has been stuck in my head for two weeks.
Preferred Date: April 1, 2013
April 01, 2013: Shine by Joni Mitchell
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- it is as true today as when she wrote it.
Let it Shine!
Preferred Date: March 31, 2013 (Easter)