Recent Songs of the Day
April 27, 2017: Eye Of The Storm by Lovett
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it has a deep meaning and it delves into the problems and real life situations of many people.
April 26, 2017: It'll Be Okay by Smle
- Nominated by Insomniac313.
- This song is so sweet and has a deep powerful message of love and being together forever
April 25, 2017: Panic In The World by Be Bop Deluxe
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song for the chorus, not so much the verses. And the bass line. The goddamn bass line
April 24, 2017: Flying Forever by Mike Ault
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's simply Godly and brings the exact title of the song to feeling.
April 23, 2017: Still Here by Digital Daggers
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because it's got so much meaning behind it and it's a beautiful song. It's helped me through a lot of times.
April 22, 2017: Mad World by Tears For Fears
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's pretty lit and it's my favorite song. I'd like it to be song of the day for my birthday.
Preferred Date: April 22, 2017 (My birthday)
- Nominated by Atokami.
- This is a very depressing song about someone losing their lover (death I believe but I'm not sure) and talking about how amazing they were and how much they want to be with them.
April 20, 2017: Wake 'n Bake by Simplified
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song, because the absolute best way to get up in the morning, on your day off of the grinder, watching the sun come up on what is sure to be a beautiful day; is a wake n bake, listening to some of the best music, Nature's beauty, and a nice strong cup of coffee!
Preferred Date: April 20, 2017 (For 04/20/2017!)
April 19, 2017: The Only Long Rider I Know by Corb Lund
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Corb sings about an actual character, (Mr Tschiffely) and his journey from South America to New York City via horseback back in the mid 1920's. A true story!
April 18, 2017: To Whom It May Concern by Soldiers Of Jah Army
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it is the embodiment of the truth - we all need to be recruits of peace.
April 17, 2017: Memorial by Julia Ecklar
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because January 27, 2017 was the 50th anniversary of the fire that killed Grissom, Chaffee and White.
April 16, 2017: Sickly Suite Part 1 How Are You? by I Monster
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I really appreciate this song's gentle soothing rhythms, and the love that is conveyed through the music. Openly it doesn't seem to be a love song, but listening to the music allows you to experience that sense of longing that comes with love.
April 15, 2017: You're My Best Friend by Queen
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Wow John Deacon did an amazing job! He is so awesome and I love him so much! I was depressed today and this song lightened my day. So amazing positive and happy! I love you Queen, I will love you forever! My favourite band of all time!
April 14, 2017: Greater Grace by Scott Underwood
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song helped me in that I was chosen to sing praise and worship in the late 90s. Ever since then I've sang in church and consistently on worship teams.
April 13, 2017: Heimcomputer by Kraftwerk
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's freaking awesome from the styles to the moods to the electronic autoroc, est levin dein muta ya nest Kraftwerkens.
April 12, 2017: Two Wooden Spoons by This Is The Kit
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It makes you nostalgic. Something about the song makes you want to keep you head down and go back in time.
April 11, 2017: Never Took The Time by Akon
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- 'Cause I've been with this for 16 years and he still doesn't know what kind of a woman I am to him and it hurts that the man you've been for a long long time don't know who you really are. It's a waste of my time over these years I had with him.
April 10, 2017: Sanu Ek Pal Chain Na Aave by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song, because... I love Sufism. It has a deep philosophical meaning. It blazes a fire of agony due to separation in the listener's heart by picturing what happens when somebody gets apart from the lover. In Sufism, that lover is God.
April 09, 2017: Nostalgia by Emily Barker
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's simple and very beautiful. The words suit my husband and myself perfectly.
April 08, 2017: Hungry For Your Love by Van Morrison
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Simple lyrics, laid back with an intense meaning of how much I remember from high school.....
April 07, 2017: Kandisa by Indian Ocean
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It's rhythmic & lyrical appeal that enthrals & soothes ones' heart & soul.
April 06, 2017: She by Wolf Alice
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Cool song, cool song, cool song. It's angry and it's cool, and I feel like this is about a girl-loving girl, which is already a great reason. Please choose it?
Preferred Date: April 6, 2017 (My birthday)
April 05, 2017: Messengers From Heaven by Don Francisco
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is a song that is timeless but also given, for a time, such as this.
April 04, 2017: Mojo by Peeping Tom
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Mojo is awesome, because the lyrics are genius and the music is groovy and danceable and Mike Patton is one of the best singer in our world!!!
April 03, 2017: Here & Now by Letters To Cleo
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because it took a lot of effort, but I could finally perfect this song in voice, so I could learn it on guitar. This is a great song and you have all the correct lyrics.
April 02, 2017: Some Sign from Above by ApologetiX
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Until very recently, the only parody artist of whom I'd really been aware was "Weird Al" Yankovic; but upon discovering ApologetiX, I've really enjoyed some of their songs. Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" has been my favorite song for some time now, and their humorous take on it can't help but make me smile.
April 01, 2017: Mahiya by Annie Khalid
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song, because I love this song and I would like to share it with others as song of the day and I hope that everybody will like it as we all love Annie
March 31, 2017: 99 Luftballons by Nena
- Nominated by Abbacadabra.
- Released in 1983, this song quickly became very popular not only in the band's native West Germany, but outside Europe as well, reaching #1 on the Cashbox charts, and kept at #2 on the Billboard charts by Van Halen's smash hit Jump. At the time, this was the highest-charting non-English language single in Billboard history.
March 30, 2017: When I Still Needed You by Afro Celt Sound System
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It tells of the plight of many us from Africa who are torn apart for many reasons: war, culture, religion, etc. It is a soul song
March 29, 2017: Love by Chaos Chaos
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I have never heard a more perfect song. It's a pyramid with these 2. A perfect structure and the closer to the top, the higher up you are, the sharper point starts to appear. All of their songs can be nominated, this song just touched me more than others.
March 28, 2017: Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) (Long Version) by Peter Sarstedt
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Powerful song, for me. Evokes so many memories of long ago and far away. Thank you for providing the full version - containing the two verses which were omitted from the more frequently-played one. Peter Sarstedt R.I.P.
March 27, 2017: "Heroes" by David Bowie
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It's beautiful. It's my birthday today and last year David Bowie died. I miss him. My daughter's in hospital and I'm expecting a baby. The acoustics on this song are outstanding and DB looks his best here. God rest his soul. He really kept me safe in my youth.
March 26, 2017: Sheer Heart Attack by Queen
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- So powerful and it is Queen on punk! Feels so different than Queen feels like Sex Pistols or even The Ramones... This song is so awesome and it should have been released on sheer heart attack album but it wasn't finished at the time so it has been forwarded to the News of the world.
March 25, 2017: Burning Bridges by Lalo Schifrin
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It is one of the greatest songs ever written. It still holds up 45 years later and it was done for one of the greatest movies ever
March 24, 2017: I Will Run by Misty Edwards
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it moves me and the innermost part of my being. I keep my eyes on Him and not myself....this is where the power is. His strength is unlimited whereas mine is so limited. He is Worthy.
March 23, 2017: It's A Sad World by Bloodrock
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- The way things are going down all over the world and a young man or woman growing up in these difficult times, including in the United States of America!
March 22, 2017: Drive It Like You Stole It by Sing Street
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Because they are freaking great lyrics to get a new year rolling... This should be everyone's number one priority for 2017
March 21, 2017: Take It Off by Kiss
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This is the best song in the galaxy. There is no other song like it. Very unique. Everything is in harmony. Kiss really tears it up with this song. Paul Stanley deserves the recognition.
March 20, 2017: Sweet Hand Of Mercy by Rebecca Pidgeon
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Because it's a cool song, amongst her best from what I've gathered.
March 19, 2017: Subo... Subo... by Facundo Saravia
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Its haunting melody and lyrics...very apt at the end of the film, "Calvary"...
March 18, 2017: This Will Remain Unspoken by The Pineapple Thief
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Beneath the hype and hypocrisy of Christmas will be a more sombre message
March 17, 2017: Rí Na Cruinne by Clannad
- Nominated by Hornean.
- When I first heard this song on an episode of "Baywatch", I didn't have a clue of what it is. When I did some research, I found the exact tune of it. I also discovered that the band is Irish. I like this song because I am of Irish descent.
Preferred Date: March 17, 2017 (St. Patrick's Day)
March 16, 2017: Fraternizer's Hymn (I'm Dreaming Of Home) by Philippe Rombi
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- For 1914. For the men on all sides who proved peace and love can endure against the worst of circumstances. God bless their memory
March 15, 2017: Together For One Last Dance by Junior Senior
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I love it, very catchy and retro. Jesper is adorable
March 14, 2017: Heaven Or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It's heavenly. Ethereal. Takes you higher than anything else.
March 13, 2017: Shepherd Me O God by Marty Haugen
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Stumbled on this song, and I love it! I had a chance to see Marty Haugen perform in person a few years ago, and he is amazing.
March 12, 2017: One Final Day (Sworn To Believe) by Sanctuary
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominate this song because of its great intro segment, and powerful lyrics
March 11, 2017: Thunder & Lightning by Major Lazer
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This is my new favorite album! I can listen to it at least once a day for 2 weeks running without tiring. I listened to this song for 3hrs on repeat trying to fix all the lyrics. It is inspiring and can paint vivid pictures in your imagination with very few actual lyrics. The Lord is coming again and Babylon will be thrown down! Are you ready? I'm Basshall pumped! Ask Jesus for forgiveness and prepare for the ride of your life! Happy Sabbath, Shabbat Shalom brothers and sisters.
Preferred Date: March 11, 2017 ("saturday". Shabbat Shalom)
March 10, 2017: Lake Michigan by Rogue Wave
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because it is criminally underrated. It has a beautiful use of sound, which whisks the listener away to the confusing world of Lake Michigan. The song has a beautiful message about not assuming the state of something, which listeners can relate to if they've ever been asked by someone (repeatedly) "Are you Ok? You sure? Promise?" when you are actually fine.
March 09, 2017: Goin' Back To Hogwarts by Team StarKid
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's amazing and I love it and everybody should hear it and love it and know it's amazing too. Everybody should know this is the best song in the entire world and they should also know adopt Darren Criss and Joey Richtor and know that not only were they in this together but they were also on Glee and I think it's pretty amazing
March 08, 2017: Christmas Is Coming by John Denver & The Muppets
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- My nephew, Romeo,(7) in 1st grade is doing a Christmas presentation in front of his class and he pick our family's favorite Christmas album, John Denver and the Muppets.
March 07, 2017: Phone Booth by Garnet Rogers
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- He has written and recorded so many beautiful, heart-wrenching songs. In my humble opinion this is one of Garner Rogers' best.
March 06, 2017: Vir Jou by Coenie De Villiers
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- It is the Most beautiful Afrikaans love song - unpretentious and honest.
March 05, 2017: Real Hope by Colin Buchanan
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because Colin expresses the real hope that only Jesus Christ can give us, because he was real man and real God, God with skin on. Thanks Colin, thank you God.
March 04, 2017: Bad Boys by Inner Circle
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Though instantly recognizable to most people as the theme song to the show Cops, I think it stands up well on its own merit. Bob Marley is kind of the be-all, end-all of reggae, but Inner Circle's blend of reggae, rock, and pop makes for a fun three and a half minutes. It's a shame this may be the only thing for which they're remembered.
March 03, 2017: Act Of Contrition by Perry Como
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Singing it aloud or even in one's mind while turning out the lights, it provides a perfect end to the day. When followed by "Good Night Sweet Jesus", the mind and spirit are elevated yet quieted from the noise of the world.
March 02, 2017: Country Boy by Aaron Lewis
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I just saw him perform this on the Smoky Mountains Rise Telethon, just Aaron Lewis with his acoustic guitar. It was an amazing performance, and it made me proud to be an American, and proud to be a country girl.
March 01, 2017: As Long As We've Got Each Other (Growing Pains Theme Song) by B.J. Thomas
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Alan Thicke is never going to show us his smile again.