I asked 6 about this couple of years ago, time to take his suggestion ;) I guess, after a lil nudge from Nick:
- me:Take a look at Category:Lists - what is the correct namespace for lists? Main or LyricWiki:Lists/ ?
- 6:I'd prefer LW:L/ but it's never been policified; better bring it up with other admins on AP -- 6
So there. Where should lists go? I hope Nick will elaborate on his concerns in his own words. Hopefully this will lead to a short & sweet doc on list creation, now that we are moving some of the non-artists that have been pretending to be artists into the list-space. I'll do as much of the work as I can, but need input. ES (talk) 16:04, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
- I honestly was never ever a list user, but now I'm thinking the list prime category I'll use will be the one containing former artists (teevee shows, musicals, etc.). Here is Nic's comments, btw:
- Nic:lot of the lists on here are all over the place - some have certain categories while some don't. Also, all of the categories on each list should be formatted like Category:Lists|Rock Band 3, for example, so they're alphabetized correctly. It would be nice if someone could do some maintenance work on the categories on the lists here. Also, is it necessary to have both Category:Genre/Soundtrack and Category:Genre/Soundtrack/Video Games on video game lists?
- So I think if we consolidate the list namespaces into One, and properly organize and weed out the existing categories, then finding the right location for new lists should be relatively straight forward. That's what I have for now. My original concern waay back was only about bringing order to list space and nothing more!
- (neat freak ;) --> ES (talk) 18:31, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Mainly a blurring between lists and "proper" artist pages; if lists occupy their own namespace, it's obvious even from the pagetitle what they are. Plus, they're easy to find via PrefixIndex even if category is missing. Of course, both of these could as well be achieved with "Lists/" prefix in main namespace. It's not a major point for me; if others prefer "unadorned" pagenames, I'll go along with that. — 6×9 (Talk) 15:30, December 14, 2014 (UTC)
- name space? -> LyricWiki:Lists
I've been quite busy with things so I suggest taking this page to the AP for further discussion. All I have to say right now is that as for the above header (Lists), it's really debatable. There's no set standard at all on how categories on lists should be and they're an outright mess on most lists. As for namespace, I think moving them out of LyricWiki:Lists would be preferable and they could stay in their current states besides that. XxTimberlakexx (talk) (contribs)01:22, January 10, 2015 (UTC)