Will wikilinks be case-insensitive as well? E.g. would [[PiNK FLoyD]] produce a blue link to Pink Floyd? This is kinda important, because it affects pages that are currently linked to via a redirect with the same case-folded title (though you could resolve these links before deleting the redirect).
What is more critical: when renaming a page while only changing case, you obviously can't leave a redirect behind, so unless wikilinks were made case-insensitive as well, the link to that page would be broken. — 6×9 (Talk) 07:22, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, great point. Added to the list.
- -Sean Colombo 02:29, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- We need to make sure that IFEXISTS also works with different capitalizations.
- Do you think it's sensible to extend this rule into the File namespace, too?
- Chris 05:32, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Good catch on IFEXISTS.
- By default, I would assume that I'd just apply this to all namespaces since I can't think of a reason not to. It seems like it would be simpler to keep track of that way if the whole wiki followed the same rules. Seem reasonable?
- -Sean Colombo 18:39, July 20, 2011 (UTC)