My favourite genres are metal, industrial and EBM.
Apart from the fact that the music is great, the songs generally have better lyrics and better album covers. I would rather pull out my teeth with pliers than listen to charts stuff. If any of that garbage invades my library, I label it with a self-explanatory genre: shit.
I only came here to find lyrics for my songs - an ongoing project that will probably never end and I'd probably be quite sad if it did. But, being a perfectionist means that I need to know the original album name, year, art, track number and lyrics. Sometimes, I wish I was sloppy and just didn't care. The typographical errors in song lyrics drive me crazy, so I had no choice but to start editing - and I still have a lot to learn.
My pet hatesEdit
- If you have a "rare" song by XYZ, that does not mean that it exists, especially if you've ripped the song from a torrent. If you can't find it on a release or find any reference to it, then it probably isn't called what you think it is or it isn't by XYZ.
- Alright is never all right. All right?
- Cause (meaning producer of an effect or consequence) and coz (a made up word) are not substitutes for "because", 'cause they're just bad English.
- Multiple exclamation marks are really irritating!!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised at the number of people who use them!
- i is not a pronoun. I know it's just a letter on a keyboard.
- One day, I'll get 'round to teaching people that round means circular and is not an abbreviation for around.
- When there's a pause............three dots (also known as an ellipsis) achieves exactly the same thing...in English, anyway.
- The only ur of which I am aware is a river in Russia; if you are unaware of it, the river should be capitalised as Ur.
- If you cant work out what apostrophes are for, then you can't understand that they're to indicate that letters are missing in a word and you cannot pretend to be any good at English.
- Despite the fact that the page name Of The Song needs to have the first letter of every word capitalised does not necessarily mean that the name of the song needs to be capitalised every time it comes up in the lyrics.
- If everyone typed EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS, we'd all go blind. Or is it deaf?
- [Another point:] Senseless structure markups.
- People giving themselves credit for adding content. (Last two added by LWChris)
- Need some software to manage your MP3 collection? Media Monkey is free but the paid version is really cheap - it's worth buying just to support such a great product.
- Some favourite songs
Stuff to doEdit
- Requests For Edits (347 pages)
- Split/Low (2,023 pages)
- Split/Moderate (1,066 pages)
- Split/Severe (243 pages)
- Pages with broken file links (3,844 pages)
- Missing Template Parameters (14 pages)