How do you become an administrator? Is it possible to become one even if you're thirteen years old? Please do tell me because I would appreciate it greatly! Thanks
- Administrators are users that have additional capabilities beyond what the normal user has. For instance, we can protect pages from modification, delete pages, ban users and have a few extra tools available to us. However, giving away these capabilities to anyone is generally not a good idea. So far, all the administrators have spent a great deal of time and effort helping with the site, enough to be noticed by the site's creator. They are generally very active and have earned a level of respect in the community. In addition, they have demonstrated a level of helpfulness, consistency, knowledge, and self control that warrants the additional power they have. So it is possible for a 13 year old to be an administrator, but it is highly unlikely.
- - teknomunk (talk,E) 20:14, 21 May 2007 (EDT)
- I take that as a no. So what if I prove myself to be very hardworking, quick with learning new concepts, and interested in the work I would be doing? But I warn you, I probably won't be able to for about a week and a half because that's when school gets out. Just until then, I won't be able to as easily because of school work and projects. It's important to me to get straight A's, but I currently have a B that I probably won't be able to turn into an A. Oh, well.
- Crazeeflootgrrl 21:11, 1 June 2007 (EDT)
- Okay. So I will officially start working on it around June 15, and I will try to do some things before then. Deal?
- Crazeeflootgrrl 11:18, 2 June 2007 (EDT)
I was thinking... Edit
...that we could add a subpage that allows LyricWikians to request to be an administrator while others can support, oppose, or be neutral to that request? Just a thought. Θ Sean gorter Θtalk|Esperanza 04:22, 31 January 2008 (EST)
- The only thing I think us non-Administrators-who-are-interested-in-doing-more want is to be able to delete pages. It is possible to give people this power without making them administrators. That is about all I would want. :-) --Åqúàŧĩkī - É - Ŧ 04:53, 31 January 2008 (EST)
- I'm quite happy with the existing method of current administrators recommending people based on their effort and contributions. I can see a potential for abuse otherwise—it wouldn't be a stretch for someone to make a few contributions for show, recommend themselves as an admin, and then use their new abilities for various undesirable causes (such as self-importance, promoting themselves or other musicians, indulging in a power trip, or even laying the foundation for a hostile attack of the site).
- I think our admins have proven that they exercise good judgement and make wise decisions. I feel like we users are in good hands, and I see no reason to change that.
- — jF 22:23, 31 January 2008 (EST)
Can someone who is an experienced editor here check my edits? If I was right by creating redirects out of duplicate song pages, I'll continue doing it. Annie 20:18, 29 May 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks! Annie 16:30, 2 June 2008 (EDT)
Requests for protection / semi-protection Edit
Greetings! I'm relatively new here, and I was wondering if there was a page to go to to make a request for semi-protection or protection of an article? By semi-protection I'm referring to protection only against anonymous (IP address) edits. (The page in question is Disturbed:Inside The Fire which I would want semi-protected since folks don't seem to want to use the talk page). Thanks! --Lordebon 16:47, 27 June 2008 (EDT)
- You were looking for LyricWiki:Requests for page protection (which is admittedly hard to find). I will mark the page as protected for a few months. --Åqúàŧĩkī - É - Ŧ 21:42, 27 June 2008 (EDT)
How do you lose your Adminship? Edit
I was just noticing that TrevorP (talk • contribs) at the six month mark, LoganK (talk • contribs) is at the one year mark, and Bagel7 (talk • contribs) is that the two year mark since last they edited anything. Is there any participation quota that must be met to stay an admin, or is it for life? --Aquatiki - T - E 16:44, 10 August 2008 (EDT)
- It might be worth cleaning them out... not sure. I have a feeling TrevorP is still around and interested, just not coming in as often. I'm pretty sure Bagel lost interest though. To answer the question though, there is no formal method for losing adminship... we haven't de-admined anyone yet.
- -Sean Colombo (talk|contribs) 16:55, 17 August 2008 (EDT)
Action Requested Edit
Dear Sirs (and Ma'am), Clipchen is doing bad pagenames again. I wanted to bring this to your attention and request a possible block of this user (time span left up to your decision) -- 15:48, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
This was taken care of by 6x9 - RD
I have today updated the list to reflect the fact that KingNee and Aqua feel unable to participate as much at the present time, team a has done a disappearing act and taken Mischko with him and Frontway has returned. ♫Яєdxx ♪♫♪♫♪ Actions Words 12:12, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
UPDATE: Changed my mind on moving KingNee. It didn't seem right as he is still contributing regularly...
Behind Enemy Lines Edit
I just happened to be in here to post a new song, and noticed an unregistered user had posted a new band and song with TWO misspellings (epic fail). I tried to fix it but don't work in here enough - someone else will have to.
It was posted as the band "Behind Ememy Lines" and the song "Devestated" That should of course be "Behind Enemy Lines" performing "Devastated"