September 30, 2011: Self Vs. Self by Pendulum
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because it is a great mix of and DnB.
September 28, 2011: I Feel Pretty / Unpretty by Glee Cast
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song describes just the way some girls feel sometimes.
September 27, 2011: It Don't Move Me by Peter Bjorn And John
- Nominated by Der sadist.
- I've chosen this song because it seems to represent my life most, at this time. The things I used to be okay with and interested in have changed from friends, to books, and even my minor addictions. Stuff and people I thought were so cool just aren't anymore, I thought it was them but now I realized I've changed - for the better. I don't need all that crap weighing me down, no one does! And this song captures that emotion of releasing yourself from vices, and who couldn't use that? Haha, plus it's dancey - win/win.
Preferred Date: September 27, 2011 (My eighteenth birthday.)
September 26, 2011: When The Wild Wind Blows by Iron Maiden
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It is awesome, and the lyrics will probably come true one day
September 25, 2011: The Poet And The Muse by Poets Of The Fall
- Nominated by Dicehero.
- This song is genius! It tells the game Alan Wake's story so mystically, but so straight.
September 24, 2011: The (After) Life Of The Party by Fall Out Boy
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Very underrated Fall Out boy song that captures more emotion than their more well known songs.
Preferred Date: September 24, 2011
September 23, 2011: Maienzeit by Helium Vola
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because it is about the spring time that passed by so fast and now we're heading for the winter time... I went in the garden myself and I looked at my roses how they're fading away... it feels just like this song. (find lyrics translation at http://songtext.li/de/text_show/f9ddf91354f8359d503060eafd87995d-Helium_Vola_-_Maienzeit)
Preferred Date: September 23, 2011 (Mabon, The Autumn Equinox)
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I like this song very much, and it makes a very pleasant atmosphere.
Preferred Date: September 22, 2011 (My birthday)
September 21, 2011: Mother Earth by Gov't Mule
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- When it all comes down, you got to go back to Mother Earth.
September 20, 2011: I Love Music by Tech N9ne
- Nominated by Ordizzle.
- Off of Tech N9ne's recent album, showing his love for music with a song dedicated to music and its impact on his life.
September 19, 2011: You Are A Pirate by Alestorm
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- it's a catchy song! And the lyrics aren't difficult to know. Within 2 minutes you can sing and spread the song everywhere. And pirates rock!
Preferred Date: September 19, 2011 (International Talk Like a Pirate Day)
September 18, 2011: This Is A Letter From My Lonelier Self by Amber Rubarth
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Honest, raw, true.
September 17, 2011: Ice Cream Man by Tom Waits
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- No one has ever made ice cream sound so dirty!
September 16, 2011: Circle Of Life by Elton John
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This is the opening song for the greatest animated Disney film of all time, "The Lion King". I like the Elton John version better.
Preferred Date: September 16, 2011 (Release Date for the 3D version of "The Lion King")
September 15, 2011: Perry The Platypus Theme by Phineas And Ferb
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song because Perry the Platypus is the coolest platypus ever!
Preferred Date: September 15, 2011 (My birthday)
September 14, 2011: Behind The Mask by Goldfinger
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it concerns a very different subject than most songs - taken out of context, the lyrics could sound like support of terrorism. Actually, the song is used by animal right activists.
September 13, 2011: Die Nacht ... Du Bist Nicht Allein by Schiller
- Nominated by Chris.
- Die Nacht ... Du Bist Nicht Allein, translated as The Night ... You Are Not Alone is another song that matches my feelings just too well. Schiller is an awesome project with stunning lyrics, and this song is so beautiful. And there is so much truth in it...
Preferred Date: September 13, 2011 (Still a special day to me)
September 12, 2011: Vale Of Tears by To/Die/For
- Nominated by schakalopoulos.
- This song should really be Song of the Day, because it is one of the most influential songs of To/Die/For.
Preferred Date: September 12, 2011
September 11, 2011: God Bless The U.S.A. by Jump5
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This cover version of Lee Greenwood's song was nominated to pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the tragic disaster. Out of the four planes that were hijacked, United 93 is my favorite because the terrorists failed to reach their target due to the brave passengers fighting them for control.
Preferred Date: September 11, 2011 (10th anniversary of the tragic event, 9/11)
September 10, 2011: Her Silent Language by Dark Tranquillity
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because I love a girl but I cannot be with her these days :(
Preferred Date: September 10, 2011
September 09, 2011: What If You Knew by David Rovics
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- Because the nation needs to know and to care and stop the violence, killing and hunger.
September 08, 2011: Son Of A Gun by Nirvana
- Nominated by Cjerryorgan.
- This can be construed as a nice fast-paced non-sappy love/friendship song.
September 07, 2011: Every Last One by Common Market
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Clever lyrics and meaningful lyrics, and an extremely catchy song.
September 06, 2011: Last Night At The Jetty by Panda Bear
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Intriguing and fantastic production and vocal harmonies.
September 05, 2011: Everyone's Born To Die by Electric Light Orchestra
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- A mixture of the sound of the seventies and later periods still to come when the song was written. It is a classic.
September 04, 2011: Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because it is a very fabulous song and it has a lot of emotion and awesomeness.
Preferred Date: September 4, 2012 (I saw Arcade Fire perform this exactly one year ago!)
September 03, 2011: Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it's a really fun song to dance to, and it is a song that most people love!
Preferred Date: September 3, 2011 (My birthday :))
September 02, 2011: Sentimental Lady by Bob Welch
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because its just simply terrific. Its one of those few songs that you stop what your doing just to listen to the words and think about where you were when it first aired.
Preferred Date: September 2, 2011 (My 48th Birthday)
September 01, 2011: Fly by Nicki Minaj
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song feels inspiring to people who have dreams.