November 30, 2011: Любовь Спасёт Мир by Вера Брежнева (Vera Brezhneva)
- Nominated by Bibigon54.
- Even when something was not in this group of songs of domestic actors, and so I decided to nominate this superhit song in a day.
Preferred Date: November 30, 2011
November 29, 2011: Telegraph Road by Dire Straits
- Nominated by Spirtbrat.
- The most masterful song of their 1982 album - a 14-minute long majestic epic that rolls along at a steady rhythmic pace.
It is a classic masterpiece.
November 28, 2011: Paper Wings by Rise Against
- Nominated by MilesPrower32.
- Paper Wings is a brilliant song. The lyrics are deep. The melody is fitting, and slightly aggressive. But wait! Later on, it switches to a more... acoustic bridge. Then back again. The style change fits well. It's arguably the band's greatest accomplishment in their 10 years of music. It may not be popular like Savior, but it should be. It's an amazing song from start to finish.
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Do you know Aṣa? No? But Aṣa is a world class Pop/Soul singer and the song itself is a BOMB! Joy and happiness for everyone!
Preferred Date: November 27, 2011 (Yesterday was my friend's birthday)
November 26, 2011: 30 Days by Never Shout Never
- Nominated by -redrose-.
- The opening line of this song is "30 days 'til christmas"
So what better day to nominate the song than the 26th of November, 30 days 'til Christmas!
Preferred Date: November 26, 2011 (30 Days 'Til Christmas)
November 25, 2011: A Whole New World by Peabo Bryson
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This song is nominated for the 20th anniversary of the Disney movie "Aladdin"
Preferred Date: November 25, 2012 (20th anniversary of "Aladdin")
November 24, 2011: Ayaw Kong Magkulang by Frontline Band
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I've been looking for this song many years now. I was so glad when I found it. Thank you.
November 23, 2011: Everybody Knows by Concrete Blonde
- Nominated by Broken Dream.
- Cover versions are always a risky business. If you're just going to copy the original then what was the point? You have to stamp your own identity on it. In this case Johnette Napolitano's bitter and ironic vocals actually make this superior to the rather dryer Leonard Cohen original.
November 22, 2011: Beauty And The Beast by Peabo Bryson & Céline Dion
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This song is nominated for the 20th anniversary of one of Disney's greatest films of all time, "Beauty and the Beast". It also won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals.
Preferred Date: November 22, 2011 (20th anniversary of "Beauty and the Beast")
November 21, 2011: Through The Looking Glass by Machinae Supremacy
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This song combines a catchy piano with sweeping guitars to create a truly unique sound. The lyrics complement the music extremely well and the breakdown in the bridge is nothing short of fantastic.
Preferred Date: November 21, 2011 (Belated birthday (11/19) present.)
November 20, 2011: All Alone On Christmas by Darlene Love & The E Street Band
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This song is nominated for the 20th anniversary of the movie, "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York".
Preferred Date: November 20, 2012 (20th anniversary of "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York")
November 19, 2011: I Disappear by Metallica
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song is freakin' great. I love this song, and the 19th of November this year is my 16th birthday, so just take as a present. ;) Thank you
Preferred Date: November 19, 2011 (16th birthday)
November 18, 2011: Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Joanna Newsom's work is poetry in music. This song is a stunning, shocking musical landscape; an entire novel in 11 minutes of sound.
November 17, 2011: The Soft Parade by The Doors
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's a nice song with many lyrical and melodical changes remniscent of the early days of
November 16, 2011: Smooth Operator by Sade
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song because, it is an evergreen and its sound is special.
Preferred Date: November 16, 2011 (World Tour 2011)
November 15, 2011: Note To The Unknown Soldier by Five For Fighting
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Pays tribute to soldiers who have died. Plus a really good tune. Makes you stop and think for a moment. Great band as well.
November 14, 2011: Wake Up by Arcade Fire
- Nominated by KristofferAG.
- One of the most well-known songs from the Funeral album after being used in a hit movie. Really amazing track that everyone should be aware of.
Preferred Date: November 14, 2011 (6 years since single release)
November 13, 2011: Worldwide Choppers by Tech N9ne
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- This is probably the fastest rap I have ever heard in my entire life.
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- Static-X is one of my favorite bands in all the universes in the universe, their music is full of raw power and 'crunch.' New Pain is arguably the best song from Shadow Zone (2003), and it paints a picture in my mind that I know all too well, plus how could you not love a band whose lead singer has a hair style this awesome?!
November 11, 2011: The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- One of the few songs from the 1960s to cast the military in a positive light, it quickly became a #1 hit for Barry Sadler. Supported by a militaristic drum beat, I think it's a perfect way to honor our veterans today.
Preferred Date: November 11, 2011 (Veterans Day)
November 10, 2011: Bailando Por Ahi by Juan Magan
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This song is nominated for Latin Grammy Awards 2011.
Preferred Date: November 10, 2011 (Latin Grammy Awards 2011)
- Nominated by Kopf101.
- I have nominated this song in honour of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Written in 1980 it tells the story of a fare dodger who jumps off a train and then makes her way through the town. The lyrics create an honest and very detailed picture of the 1980s Berlin and the people who lived (and still live) there.
The song was the opening track on the debut album of band Ideal, and it is considered one of the cornerstones of the "New German Wave" movement. Lead singer Annette Humpe went on to become one of Germany's most successful songwriters and record producers.
Preferred Date: November 9, 2011 (Fall of the Berlin Wall)
November 08, 2011: Summer Winter by Fialta
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominated this song because the lyrics are so well written!
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- My mother used to sing this song when I was young.
Preferred Date: November 7, 2011
November 06, 2011: Forever My Love by Jim Messina
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's simple a beautiful song that makes you glad you stuck to your commitment through good times and bad and came through to reap the benefits.
Preferred Date: November 6, 2012 (Rich & Elaine's 30th Wedding Anniversary)
November 05, 2011: Sinful by Marina & The Diamonds
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominate this song, because I believe Marina and the Diamonds is actually a great artist. She and all her songs are so underrated; people just don't understand talent when they hear it, because they only like a specific genre. This can appeal to all types, in my opinion.
Preferred Date: November 5, 2011 (It's my birthday.)
November 04, 2011: Putting The Dog To Sleep by The Antlers
- Nominated by Togá.
- One of the absolute most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Such amazing lyrics deserve to be heard by everyone.
November 03, 2011: Pretender by One Without
- Nominated by MusicAddict.
- It's a relative new, fantastic and underrated female fronted band from Sweden that combines catchy melodies with profound lyrics. Yet they are very unknown but they give their second record away for free to get more reputation. This band needs - no, deserves support in any way!
November 02, 2011: Supergirl by Miley Cyrus
- Nominated by To make it simple call me Alex.
- It's such a catchy song, and Miley Cyrus is already singing like a little Lady Gaga in this song!
November 01, 2011: Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song has to be SOTD because it's Florence: it's loud, soulful, and overall a great song to listen to when you're stressed.
Preferred Date: November 1, 2011 ("Ceremonials" US Release Date)